Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

MoUAC (2002) Re-release

http://www.freewebs.com/mouac/

GOOD NEWS! The Marines of UAC EDGE weapons mod has been updated to version 1.1 and re-released under the name "The Soldier's Stockpile"! (This ensures no name conflicts with the new mod). GRAB IT ON THE FILES PAGE NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER!

This mod will also appear in Doomworld's Newstuff this week or next week, so grab it there if the download is too slow here.

This version is more playable and the cheesy story elements have been removed, not to mention a new ORIGINAL song has been added. Leave me your comments in the guestbook about it, and if you want me to get back to you, e-mail me instead.

Enjoy, and happy Dooming!

(Taken from the site)^

I'm still working on the new Single-player epic MoUAC, don't worry. Details for it can also be found on that page.

I'm certainly going to check this out. The original version was pretty good, but it had a few cheesy elements in it - here's hoping that they're fixed!

[[edit]]

Here's my issues with the wad as it stands:

1. The sprite alignment really needs work. Several weapons don't appear to align properly with the crosshair, making them appear strange. Also, the animations weren't aligned either, which makes them appear to jump around a lot.

2. There's some issues with missing sounds - the weapon pickups all make pistol-shooting noises, because EDGE can't find the sounds that are supposed to be played.

3. Some of the weapons feel too weak (like the M-16 assault rifle), and others feel too slow (like the AK).

4. With all the model-ripped weapons, the revolver from Redneck Rampage looks seriously out of place. If you're looking for a good revolver model to use, look at any good Counter-Strike replacement model site (they usually appear in the Desert Eagle section).

5. The knife's animations aren't that great, seriously. Maybe you should get a different knife.

6. The way you did muzzle flashes looks really stupid when you're strafing or running forward. Why not just paste the muzzle flash directly onto the weapon graphic instead of having it hang in mid-air?

7. The "smoke" puffs that appear when you shoot walls with the assault rifles look like crap. I think they ought to be removed.

8. The reloading sounds for a majority of the weapons sound kinda weird - clip ejection sounds that sound like pulling the bolt back, etc.

9. The SPAS-12 is particularly guilty of this - a lot of the weapons take too long to reload.

10. The MP5 Navy (the one with the gargantuan scope) has too low of a clip size. I spent more time reloading that thing than actually shooting it.

Those are alll issues that were in the original version (Remember I made this mod in 2001-2002 at the beginning of my "career" in mod-making). This version only has things fixed and some new stuff added, and some of the crappier stuff removed.

The pistol-shooting sound when you pick up guns is actually what it's supposed to be, if you notice the pistol sound in the menu is not the same as the pickup sound.

Also, the alignment of animations should be fine.

Don't worry though, no problems like these appear in the new Single-player MoUAC... it is of a much more professional level! :) And there are no stinkin' 3d models in it either...

Yeah, kinda agree with weasel, not the best alignment, and the muzzle fire thing annoyed me so much I actually took them out, and it's hard to play without muzzlies, but they don't work that you already have, but good for a new version :D

Maybe it's for those die-hard CS fans that can't play other games or it feels like they're having an affair.

Darkfyre said:

Maybe it's for those die-hard CS fans that can't play other games or it feels like they're having an affair.

That was counterdoom's purpose.

HEY I SHOULD MAKE A SOURCE EDITION THIS SUMMER LOL

Make it for GZDoom, use high-res PNG graphics, and add muzzle flashes. That would help it out a lot in terms of aesthetics.

ok
pistol maybe replacing with this: hamerlles variant revolver or deringer .. or s&w style gun like the s&w 38. special may the same i wiev this in poweslave or icd-se ... ;o)

mp5 navy has have in the real 30 rounds clip size but mp5k has variant 15 or 30 rounds clip size

try check using m203 tactitacal launcher in this mod ... i wiev this in the episode of stargate & looks cool ....

Darkfyre said:

None of these guns are in CS, save for some that are the same or similar gun models and are just different 3d models. The functions are different anyway. There are also some weapon-specific deaths.

ultimate doom plaiyng with this mod is quite more interesting,thx the edge 1.29rc3 for reloading scripts ..[now may planing reloads my guns in the game] & thx to autor this mod for update ... good work .. btw marines of uac with story line ? i see some of them on www wads in the progres,any details ?

You can check out freewebs.com/mouac for more details. It has the name "Marines of UAC" but is completely different (and MUCH better and more professional than the old Marines of UAC). It's a single-player episode.