Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rotting Corpse

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 [No spoilers]

Well its out and I just finished it. I give it an 8.5/10. It was great. The whole thing was no stop action. It was a bit sort but, the levels and fire fights more then made up for it. It ansewerd a lot of question that I had about the ending of Half-Life 2.

No I'm not going to give any thing away. Let me just put it this way. Just when you think you have and idea of whats going on it throws every thing out the window and your left back ware you started.

If you have Half-Life 2 and you liked the game you need to get Ep 1. You wont be disappointed. Now, I'm going to play Half-Life 2 then Ep.1 to get ready for Ep.2

Since I'm on the subject of Half-life 2. If your pc can handle it you need to download and install the Fake Factory mod and replay Half-Life 2. It redose every texture and gives the models high rez skins. Grab 2.20 and all the addons here:http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/FakeFactory_Oggs_Cinematic_Mod;58868x#854283

Heres a screen shot:
too huge

Work is a bitch right now, otherwise I would've taken today off for the hell of it.
How much VRAM does that mod require?

Valve can currently eat my left testicle. I've been hit with what appears to be a rare bug when Source tries to load in the shader API DLL. I say rare as only one other person on the Steam forums has it so far - and just like everyone else HL2 and Lost Coast work perfectly.

Hooray for latest Source breaking! :-\ Preordered too...

Woo! Just finished! And I'm already looking forward to Episode 2... Sad, really. Man, I gotta say, thing I hate about expansion packs is the way you get to the end before you even realize it. "Alright, killed that thing, now just... Oh... Wait... That was the final boss."

Well, now I gotta go back and play with commentary on.

Playing through it right now, just got out of the long-assed dark part. Man does that skybox look cool, though maybe that's just relief after an hour of Doom 3-like zombie killing in the dark.

I like it so far.

Episode 1 was Awesome. They managed to structure it so that it was constantly fun and something new. Having Alyx there with you made for many interesting parts, especially having to 'spot' for her in the dark.

Big thumbs-up from me.

P.S. Yes the Fakefactory Mod is awesome, however be aware it changes some gameplay attributes too like weapon damage. Also it has pretty nice music.

Edit: For those of you unaware (a lot of people seemed to miss it) at the end of Ep1 there is an Ep2 teaser. Go to new game and scroll to the end of the chapters to 'coming soon' If your game crashes while trying to load it, go to your steam dir and hunt through the Dirs to the Midea folder inside the HL2 Ep1 dir, look for 'Ep2_Tasrer.wmv'.

AirRaid said:

P.S. Yes the Fakefactory Mod is awesome, however be aware it changes some gameplay attributes too like weapon damage. Also it has pretty nice music.

Yes. But, in the readme it tells you how to disable the game play changes.

But the Gameplay changes are cool too. :P I liked having guns that kill people instead of being able to pump an entire clip into a metrocop before he died.

It fucking rules. Holy shit. The new enemy is a great way to add depth to the gameplay.

Too bad Episode Two is another half a year wait ..

Is this supposed to be coming out for XBox? I'd get it for PC, but my PC needs some major upgrades and this 28k leaves a lot to be desired (it took me 3 hours to download HL2 before I could play it. Fuck that shit.)

Hey, where's all the spoilerz?

I tried to buy Ep1 but steam crashes every time I click the "Purchase" button. Comical.

Johnatone said:

Hey, where's all the spoilerz?

There are so many places on the next with spoilers. I'd like this thread to stay spoiler free.

I playing though it a second time. I dont mind having Alyx with me through out the game. Valve did a good job on her ai so I didnt have to babysit her. Pluse they threw so many enemies at you that trying to
get through some parts by your self would have been hard.