Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
999cop

M-rated Game Commericals are limited, right?

I was hoping to know or clearify of what I wondered. Generally, in America at least, as far as I know that there is no Action games-type of commericals have been shown on television, such as Quake3 or the recent game released - return to castle wolfenstein. They are probably not prohibited to be shown on television I think, after I realize that there would have some advertisings coming on television already if it was actually allowed, since rtcw has been released but unfortunately it didn't. If so, then that sucks, all I have seen is only Teen-rated game commericals displayed on television. I wonder if id software could actually contract with some television networks and break the custom and release an advertisement of Doom3. Hopefully, it wouldn't get in touch of the state laws to be an illegal movement

I don't think any id games have ever been advertised on TV. However, there is no restriction on advertising M-rated games. Case-in-point, the cool-ass commercials for Grand Theft Auto 3.

Damn...GTA3 I game I want NOW but the local(Aus) yokals banned it! It's a good thing I don't have a PS2 but damned, it looks like PC GTA3 will get the same fate as well. To stay on topic.. yeah I NEVER see game adds here, hmm wonder why.

Damn...GTA3 I game I want NOW but the local(Aus) yokals banned it!

Are you about that? I've seen it advertised in catalogs and the like...

I NEVER see game adds here, hmm wonder why.

all I see are ads for racing games and Sport games. I did see Perfect Dark advertised on TV...

GTA3...Yes it has been, PS2 ver anyway...It will be released in about february with the "Neccesary" changes and prolly the same with the PC version. I hope.

You probably saw it advertised because, the catalogues where printed before the furor, and also, GTA3 for PS2 was actually available for atleast 5 weeks before it was pulled..it was pulled recently too.

Yeah, you're right about the ads, racin games have the occasional ad...If you watch some shows..like Sports for example there might be tonnes of adds about a particular game, For example: The PlanetX extreme games, proudly sponsored by none other than (roll of some drum) ACTIVISION. So come to think of it..I just proved myself wrong! Oops. anyway, I remember those ads, bad they where

i have seen a doom comercial. i also have seen quake 1 & 2 addvertised on the N64 system(some guy holding a ferret saying "now for my quake movie")
I havfe seen mostly adds for big budget systems like the game cube and ps2/xbox. it is not cause the games are rated "m" but because these guy pay big bucks on adds. I see many m rated game adds. most computer companies post adds where computer gamers will be. Games for the PC are not usally shown on TV because most of the people who will buy the game dont look there. PC game makers put adds in gaming magazies and sites because it is cheaper and the only people on gaming sites are gamers

Yeah it's not like id and Activision have the $150 million Microsoft used for X-box ads. 150 million. They could've just fed an african country, damnit.

$150 million? Bill Gates makes that much while taking a Trotski after lunch!

I wonder why MS doesn't just skip the TV ads and just pump pop-ups and subliminal ads onto every computer running Windows. They could probably do it, too.

Katarhyne. I believe it's out in about february, world wide... the official GTA3 site has it somewhere, I can't remember the link tho...oops..

Here's hoping it's not banned here....again >:(

er actually gates plans to use $500 million to advertise x-box.

Sweet fucking God. Some people just don't know how to use money.

Sweet fucking God. Some people just don't know how to use money.

Yah, look at the properties most Hollywood actors and pro athletes own.

Some people should just have shit taken away from them.