Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mivalekan

Mp3 player issues

This is a question/problem for those of you who have mp3 players and have some good computer knowledge.

I'm having problems getting my computer to recognize my MP3 player. I plug it into the USB etc but it still tells me that it's not connected. I have USB 2.0 ports, and the MP3 player is a Creative Microphoto Zen.

CPU Specs: AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1024mb DDR RAM, and Windows XP.

Did you install drivers BEFORE you plugged it in? If not, you may have to uninstall all that crap Windows put in your hardware profile while trying to figure out what the hell your MP3 player was.

FFS, just reboot your system and plug it back in. Windows is a bit ghey about recognising Zen anythings.

HobbsTiger1 said:

FFS, just reboot your system and plug it back in. Windows is a bit ghey about recognising Zen anythings.

Windows doesn't like IPods, either. The I-Tunes software works like crap, and it hardly ever notices that my IPod is plugged in.

Might be a general problem with Portable Media Devices then.

In any case doing a fresh reboot and then plugging the Zen in has always worked for me.

HobbsTiger1 said:

FFS? Just reboot? I did. At least 8 times. It didn't work. Like I wouldn't think to do this? I've been trying to get this to work for 3 days.

I love my Rio Karma, the docking station has an ethernet port, and the connectivity software is an OS independent jar file.

I told you, you probably have some nondescript driver installed for it because you connected it before installing drivers. Go into your hardware manager and see if anything shouldn't be there.

Bucket said:

I told you, you probably have some nondescript driver installed for it because you connected it before installing drivers. Go into your hardware manager and see if anything shouldn't be there.

How am I supposed to know what is or isn't supposed to be there.