Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Hell On Mars Demo

Hey I just wanted to let you guys know that i just finished a wad. Based on if people like the Demo or not ill Continue to map for it so download it and let me know what you think. Thanks

You can get it here: Http://www.FleshDoom.cjb.net

Works for me, but thanks to Freewebs it's gonna take 15+ minutes to dl a 10 mb file with DSL.

Sorry it seems that it was something of the moment, now I also can run the first link, yet I'm downloading from this Mooland, I'll post some coments in a while. BTW the name of the mod, while doesn't promises nothing new in the DOOM universe sounds promising :-)

Edit: I got it, I have to say that the levels are very fun, and nicely done, yet I don't see the need for ZDoomgl, and the sprites and sounds from DOOM 64 are really out of place, sorry but they ruin the experience, I think you better decide, all sprites from DOOM 64 or everything classic DOOM (I highly recomend the second as D64 graphics look bad out of DOOM 64 textures, specialy the low quality version you're using). I didn't find all the secrets so I don't know if the Cyber gets free later in the map, yet I suggest removing it as it looks very weird, he just stays there, not even looking at you, there's no glass blocking your view yet you can't shoot it, IMO should be better to replace the little area with it with a normal entryway door).

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying your wad it's bad, in fact the part that's really YOUR work looks and plays great, just keep the other people work out, that..
a: make you look like a resource ripper
b: ruin the atmosphere

Well, the sky it's fine
If you're for new monsters I suggest editing some sprites you like, it's easy and fun, I think it's better than just putting unmodified characters from other games.

Well im still thinking about not using the d64 sprites. Thanks for the feedback. I removed that cyberdemon and changed some of the textures so it doesnt go from tech theme to hell. But as for the sprites go i figured it would be ok cause d64 was made by ID. But they will probably be takin out.

I'd have to agree with vegeta, at first it thought the imps were blurry arch viles, then i realized, that no, they were in fact imps :p

The level design itself is pretty decent. The gameplay was definitely above average; i found myself retreating a in a few fights, but the texture usage was quite weird looking.

There was really no consistant texture theme in some places. It's amazing what using 1-5 textures can do rather than using 324532532 textures all over the place. Anyway, all that been said, it's worth playing, and i will be looking for future releases from you as your skills improve.

nice job.

Thanks ive fixed all the texture mismatches and stuff. I also took out all the d64 sprites and sounds. And add a little more. But i really tried to aim for good gameplay and from what it sounds like I nailed it. <not trying to be self centered> Thanks for your guys feedback. Its greatly appreciated