Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkfyre

What the Hellcore?

Huh, never played the original Hellcore....downloading so I can play the original..but the revamped one looks interesting so far.

Edit: download link on the site is broken, anywhere else?

@ KingOfFlames: Play my map21 ,"Toxic Waste Treatment Centre"! ;) It is one of the best levels, but they want to remove it from the 2nd release! :(

Graf Zahl said:

Because someone here got very annoyed by constantly spelling it wrong.

Blood shedder?

Ismaele said:

Play my map21 ,"Toxic Waste Treatment Centre"! ;) It is one of the best levels

... Not to toot your own horn or anything? :p Like I told Ismaele, his map21 doesn't meet the requirements of the new version, we took out more than 3/4 of the maps (Ismaele's, Fusion's, Vorpal's and my own) and are trying to make an extremely polished mapset.

@KingofFlames - Percentage is varying. Right now we're looking at 22 maps, which would put us just over 50%... But it could end up being 15 or even 32 maps, depending on how much work we get done with the time we have.

@Craigs - I want this to work on EVERY boom supporting port. Even then the only Boom effects that are in the maps are light transfers and some conveyer belts for dummy sectors. I want everyone to be able to play it!

@Ralphis - Send a request to Fusion, he has the current version, and thanks for the interest :)

Darkfyre said:

@Craigs - I want this to work on EVERY boom supporting port. Even then the only Boom effects that are in the maps are light transfers and some conveyer belts for dummy sectors. I want everyone to be able to play it!

Zing, that was Legacy support out the window right there.

Don't worry though. Legacy 2.0 will put the Voodoo doll support back in.

Good to know. I just discovered that ZDoom took out the Multiplayer only weapons on Coop, hoping they get that back in soon too.

Supposedly in 2.1.0 Randy (or graf) is at least making it an option. Note the supposedly and the version number, its not coming around really soon (and if any of you has the bright idea of using a old version of zdoom where the weapons havent been removed, the latest we've found is one of the 1.17's).

Getting something to work with every port these days is hard.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Getting something to work with every port these days is hard.

Tell me about it... unless you're going Vanilla there's gonna be someone somewhere who's S.O.L.

@Ralphis - I PMed you a link to the current version. Lemme know what'cha think and any bugs (major or small) in maps 01-05, 07-08, and 31. ;D

We're probably going to release some maps as a demo once we get 1-10 completely finished.

The project was dropped again with lack of activity in maps. Work, life, and well, a brand new $3000 computer detered from work on my behalf... I assume the same goes for Fusion. But I've been working on it again and have a quick realistic release set in mind.

It's unfortunate that one map takes so long to complete, and as of the last progress me and Fusion with the aid of Darkknight made a wack of new resources for the levels we were working on, but it's way too difficult to try and tackle everything yourself with a two-man crew and maintain steady ideas and inspiration.

I was hoping for 20 maps, even 15, but it looks like it will only be 10 full maps, 1 really tiny filler map for continuity reasons, and 1 credits map composed of finished rooms or areas that never made it in to full maps. 12 Total.

Of the full maps, all but 1 are done, the unfinished one is at about 88% completion. The filler map and the credits map still need to be done, and that's it! This will not be a re-release of the original but a new wad itself, so I will get the old version updated with a 'working' map05 so it will be fully playable itself.

Unfortunately I'm going solo on this so I'll bust my ass to get it done and released as polished and smoothly as possible. I'll update the website on one of my days off with correct screenshots and an accurate maplist. I'll repost when that's up and going.

That's it! Expect Hellcore 2.0 soon!

I need betatesters!

I don't want a rushed out the door glitch filled product like the previous release, that's why I'm looking for some testers for different ports.

I just finished Map09, did some quick touchups on Map05, and imported the rest of the gfx and sprites I'll need. All that's left is a quick transition map and the final map which is practically half built and will take no time at all :p That's 10 maps done that need testing.

I need people to test for ZDoom, GZDoom, Legacy, Edge, PrBoom, and any others I may be missing. Let me know if you can give them a runthrough so I can release this baby in all it's glory as soon as possible! I want to try to make sure it can be played in any port to the best of my abilities.

Also there were problems with the Hellcore FTP so I couldn't update the page, this has just been fixed also and I will get the page updated shortly.

http://www.prontex.ca/~hellcore/

Darkfyre said:

I need people to test for ZDoom, GZDoom, Legacy, Edge, PrBoom, and any others I may be missing.

I'll take Eternity.

Alright, sounds great. Wednesday is typically my mid-week day off, so I ought to be able to get through it then. If not, then Saturday & Sunday. Some of the maps from the first release are still some of my favorites to this day, so I'm anxious to see how this update has come together. Although, if I really love something, I can get quite in-depth in the reports (ask Chris Lutz about my P:AR reports :P), but I can be quick if need be.

No rush, it'll probably take me about 2-3 weeks at most to finish Map12, so feel free to take your time. I just finished Map06 last night so it's just Map12 left and done-o-la!

I'll be compiling it tonight to be ready to download, hopefully by Sunday morning. I'll e-mail you with the link then :)

Rotting Corpse, you're e-mail is outdated, so I PMed you the link. As for anyone else, the link to the beta has been sent out, enjoy.

just played though the first map.

the boat part with the baron was kinda annoying. barly any space to move around but it runs well with it.

I'm about 75% done with the last map. I've also fixed some alignments and textures I didn't like here and there. Not too long now at all! How's the progress coming with the beta testers?

I'm still on it. Week's been a bit busier than I expected. Got 2 more days off though, then this Wednesday once again.

FYI: The maps are done, I'm just waiting for feedback from the testers. I know three are going through it, the others...? Nonetheless, it'll be out by Halloween.

Getting some good feedback from the group. From the majority of people I've heard PrBoom will run it but really buggy and visually bleh, unfortunate, but it was bound to happen.

I remind the testers to be constructive, if you don't want to test it then don't, I don't want to hear whining or non constructive criticism, there's enough of that going around, ya? kthxbye