Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Eternity TC Released

Now now :P We all know nobody ever reads the Eternity forum, so nothing posted there can ever count as a crosspost ;)

Ok, shock has transpired into sadness now.

Of course, I already knew this project was dead since long time back. But you still can't help to feel a bit of sadness of the fact that it never came to be. This TC had so much potential, it's really sad that it would end up into nothing more than this. :/

Hopefully the resources will be used, I still haven't seen the weapons I made for this in action. I'll see if I can find the razorwind's hud graphics, I have no idea if I still got it around, but it doesn't really matter because it was really not a very good design. And bringing these memories back makes me think of perhaps remaking it.

I've yet to see Kurt's map for this. So I will check that out.

EDIT: Hm, my map for this is better than I remembered it. Maybe I should get my ass into gear and finish it....

myk said:

I knew it; Bloodshedder and Quasar are one and the same!

It's also been rumored that Ichor is wmull :o

I too was sad and reluctant to post the stuff, but I figure it is more useful on the net than rotting on my PII's hard disk :)

I was shocked to find that the fog cloud generators in my swamp map still work in Eternity. I forgot I've left those in for when they get re-adapted to Hexen ;) Also, the map name, music, and colormap worked too ^_^

Is there any cohesive package so I don't ahve to download a plethora of files and try to finagle them into a working mod?

Great! now i can steal resources from this instead of Heretic Shareware!

...hmm, if there are any finished monster sprites in it will they pop up in EB Doom?

Also, are all but two of the screenshots supposed to be in a bizarre inverted greyscale?

If the screenshots look grayscale, your graphics program is not interpreting them properly. PCX has a number of subformats; the one used by DOOM is misinterpreted as grayscale by a number of programs, including Explorer under Win98.

Scuba Steve said:

Is there any cohesive package so I don't ahve to download a plethora of files and try to finagle them into a working mod?

The only stuff you REALLY need is mainwads.zip and levels.zip -- everything else is either stuff that was discarded, never got fully implemented (like Ebola's weapons), or is redundant.

I love the flying Spider Demon!, i wanted to implement that into my "Ultimate Hell" wad (EBdoom but with decent levels and a theme) once, but couldnt remember where i had seen it

Fiddlesticks, the mouse doesn't want to work correctly when running Eternity in wine.

exp(x) said:

Fiddlesticks, the mouse doesn't want to work correctly when running Eternity in wine.

Luckily for you i made an eternity linux makefile (err, well, all the automake jazz for it). Get the latest svn version and run ./autogen.sh then make install.
It'll install to ~/eternity cause i'm not having the edfs and eternity wads in /usr/local/games.

Craigs said:

So does this mean chex quest 3 is next? ;)

Not if i can help it :P. I haven't been working on it much due to the fact that i'm lazy (and have exams and have been pising about with the EE source). Also, everyone else on the team sucks and hasn't done anything. This means you Srage and Assy >:/

myk said:

I knew it; Bloodshedder and Quasar are one and the same!

Lüt said:

It's also been rumored that Ichor is wmull :o

Why does that remind me of one of those alternate universe Trek episodes. :p

Can somebody tell me what I need to load in order for it not to crash with "76 errors" ?

Mordeth said:

Can somebody tell me what I need to load in order for it not to crash with "76 errors" ?

You may be using the wrong iwad, try doom.wad or something.

eternity -iwad doom2.wad -file etc.wad <level here>

etc.wad is the final version of the project containing the textures, flats, and most sprites. Do not add or use etcgfx.wad; this is an older version of the project that was included for completeness, and none of the maps will work with it.

The only things I'm gonna look at are the sprites and textures. The damn eternity engine doesn't seem to want to run on my computer.

Whatever, the maps can load in other source ports too. Only a couple of extra things will work if they are used with EE.