DooMer_ PL

Do you use emulators?

Do you emulate something>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you emulate something>

• Yes.
    • No.
    • What is emulation?

Like in title of this topic I want to ask about emulation. I'm emulating Zx Spectrum (the computer older than myself :) ), Commodore Amiga (my first computer) and NES (Nintendo Entertainment System,, polish "hack" is called Pegasus or Pegazus ). Who shares my hobby is hereby granted to post here his opinion ;)
edit from author: I have mispelled "emulate", so i fixed it. :)

Did you trying at eBay? For you, this will be a laughable amount of dolars, but in my country I will pay x*4 (x= your price). I can only describe mathematics thingies like x+4:(2+3) in polish.
edit: Another misspellings... fixed. :)

Bucket said:

Just so you know, this thread probably won't end well.

It'll be the typical forum discussion about emulation. Some people will come who are against it and a big argument will start.

I don't want to sell or buy emulator. Nightmare Doom has edited the post sometime after my reply, so I thought he want to buy some retro computers :)

Against emulation? WTF. I can see being against piracy, but emulation is not piracy. Emulation is simply allowing one machine's software to be run on a different architecture -- for example, DOSBox letting DOS games run under WinXP.

I already own 90% of the games I emulate. The other 10% are ones I never got the chance to buy and are now no longer available. Anybody who has a problem with that is silly. There's nothing more to be said on the subject really.

They are some good, but commercial emulators, ie. Spectaculator (from version 6 is commercial)- the powerful ZX Spectrum emulator. Rather I download a last freeware version- 5.3 . But I don't have any of the games what I'm playing by emulation- it's unreal to have ie. all of approx. 40000 cassettes/ disks/ whetever else mass media for Commodore 64. I hope I'm good at understanding english. :)

My first computer was an Atari 400...

...but after that I went Amiga, and I still use them. Despite the vast improvements in speed while emulating on a fast PC, I still notice little flaws that keep it from being as fluid as the real deal.

None the less, that does not stop me from emulating those old Floppy games from Amiga's early years on my XBOX. :)

Another thing I love to emulate is the Turbo GFX CD as well as the Sega CD, tons of great RPG's and Castlevania type games on both systems.

yeah, and i've been using them since 1996

preferred emulators

GB - BGB
NES - FCEU or Nestopia (Loopynes if dos)
SNES - ZSNES
PSX - pSX
Saturn - SSF
MAME - MAME32
Neogeo/CPS1/2 - Kawaks
DOS - DOSBox 0.65
DC - Chankast
N64 - 1964

Commercial emulators suck.

Bucket said:

Just so you know, this thread probably won't end well.

*points to thread starter's title*

Heh I havent used an emulator in a while. I remember abusing a genesis one for a while to play sonic 3.

BlackFish said:

*points to thread starter's title*

The ban is not related to this thread. He was a ban-evader.

At school I wrote as a computing project an emulator for the low-level teaching language that they used for another part of the course. I guess that was a bit cheeky of me, but I wasn't marked down for that. :)

The emulator I have used most is probably one for the Psion 5 that emulates the Sinclair Spectrum.

leileilol said:

preferred emulators

MAME - MAME32

Er?

So your Favourite "Multi Arcade Machine Emulator" Emulator is... Multi Arcade Machine Emulator?

On topic - Yes, I use Gens a lot to play Sonic games. And previously I have used ePSXe to play the PSX versions of the THPS series. But that's about it.

Kega has gotten better than Gens, and I'd recommend Nestopia over Nesticle, as Nesticle hasn't been updated in oh, almost a decade.

AirRaid said:

Er?

So your Favourite "Multi Arcade Machine Emulator" Emulator is... Multi Arcade Machine Emulator?

There's different variations of MAME all over, like Mame32plus, advancemame, it's just I prefer good ol' MAME32

also for Genesis/MD emu I use Gens32. It's way better than outdated Gens and Gens+.

People who think Nesticle is still a mainstream emulator should be shot.

I use these emulators:

-DSBox: So I can play Blood on Windows XP (that reminds me, I have to set that up on my new computer).
-Zsnes
-Gens
-Several NES emulators (certain games only work with certain emulators)
-PSXEven and Epsxe

My Emulators folder currently contains:

Gens
Lunar Magic (an editor for Super Mario World on the SNES)
MAME32
Nestopia
ZSNES
Genecyst (although I don't know why I still have it, as it hasn't worked since I got Win2K)

I used to have BioNES too, but again that doesn't work under 2000 very well.

FBA for all (marvel property) vs (capcom property) needs. Oh, and Shadows of Mystara.

ZSNES - I mean, come on now. The best SNES emu out there.

VBA - meh, works

ROCKNES or something for NES but I have like, 5 NES games.

That's about it.

I've been really getting into emulating this summer. Mostly catching up on all the old Castlevanias, and by the way, rondo of blood for turbo cd KICKS BUTT.

Really my summer so far has been nonstop Sonic and Castlevania.

Just zsnes and gens, yepp. not much of it nowadays, on a large hard drive you can have stuff that you forget about having installed from eons ago and "re-discover" it. i just went thru a rash of duke nukem due to another thread. it didnt even have a connection/shortcut to the os at all becuase of a windows re-install a while back. but it was there.

Leileilol:

Does Goldeneye work with 1964?

I'm using Project 64 and the damn doors won't open.

For some reason Perfect Dark (which is more complicated than GE) runs almost perfectly.