Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chopkinsca

Loading script files (ACS output file .o )

For importing/replacing my library scripts I've always used the load/replace without raw data option. Up until last night, it has always worked. Now in order for one of the libraries to work it needs to be loaded as raw data. I have two library scripts and one works without loading as raw, and the other doesn't.

It's not a problem to remember to load the script as raw data. It just caught me off guard when the script stopped working even with doing things the same way for half a year. I only noticed when I saw that both my libraries where similar size even though one is larger than the other (one has lots of strings though).

That's really weird, the load should not modify text files (I assume your script library is a text file). If there's a bug, I think it may be somewhere else. Can you please send me your WAD and the lump you're trying to load?

It's a compiled acs file that I tried to add. I compiled it directly with acs.exe and loaded the .o file into the wad with XWE.

The file zipped is about 4 Mb's, I suppose I could send it to you. Is the email address that doomworld shows your current one? I know that some of the information in profiles etc. can become outdated (my homepage for one).

Yes, the email address in my profile and on the XWE homepage is current. A 4MB zipped file should fine.

Got the email, thanks. One compiled file was mistakenly identified as an image, I fixed this bug. (It's related to the size of the file. The reason you got it suddenly is just chance, 1 in 256. If you compile again and it became a different size, the problem should have gone away.)

Grab the beta and try it again (with regular load), let me know if you run into anything else.

Tried it out with the beta and works. The chance probably explains why it hasn't been reported before.

Thanks for that.