Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am looking for some people to start a mega wad. A 32 level wad for doom 2. If you are interested then contact me on msn or by e-mail.

My msn/e-mail:

sonicboy_93@hotmail.com

So if you want to start a mega wad with me, please contact me by msn or e-mail.

Thank you.

p.s we need a name for the M/W (mega wad).

Advice: imagine you're not making a megawad. You're making a sole level.

I've been itching to join some people and make some levels. I'll help, but what exactly did you have in mind?

Ebon said:

Advice: imagine you're not making a megawad. You're making a sole level.

um... how about this, dont post here if you do not want to help make a mega wad. thank you. well, just dont give smart @$$ remarks.

Question: How many single levels have you made? I'm talking about full levels, not just a few one sector rooms. Make ONE map, a good map, then decide if you want to do that 30 more times.

Also, why does it need to be a megawad with a bunch of people contributing? Why not make an episode of 10 maps, or a hub of 3 - 7 maps. It's rare for a large project to have enough focus to remain interesting, and that's on the small chance it even gets finished/started.

Why not? So what if they usually fail its worth a try, you cant just not do one and think that something is gonna be released the only way to even hope to see a new mega wad now and then is to encourage people to do them. People are so quick to say "don't do that" because they think they will fail before it is even started.

nightmare93 said:

um... how about this, dont post here if you do not want to help make a mega wad. thank you. well, just dont give smart @$$ remarks.

He was actually giving some advice that you would do well to heed. A megawad is a huge project and you'd be better off trying to make a few individual levels first, then maybe work up to a megawad at some point.

Just a little advice.

Hehehe...oh man..I love it when people try to start projects then they get p.o.'ed when theyre told the way it is.

What a reamarkably well written title for this thread. I was absolutley sure, that someone wanted to share with us how looking can be wonderful! Oh my! I'm currently looking at the screen! And you? You're most probably looking at the screen as well! Looking is so great, everybody loves looking... why don't you look at my topic?

...naming the threads properly can be very helpful; thank you.

ellmo said:

...naming the threads properly can be very helpful; thank you.

Indeed.

And by the way, asking for people to help with a megawad you apperantly have no ideas for other than just a bunch of maps is a bad idea and will most likely end up being fugly. Don't get all defensive when people try to help either, or you get to know people like DN. soon. :p hehe

You should make a map first, just one, then show it to people so they can decide if they even want to be on your team :p

Found out a few things about him.
1.hes 13
2.he only mods levels and he is making his own first one now.
3.he maps for heretic mainly.
4.He has no idea of what theme the maps should be
5.doesnt even know the title.

Sorry man, even though i would like to help, this project does not seem like a good idea atm.

There should be a certain restriction on mega-wads. Let's say you release...I dunno, 5 good maps? Then you can go on and make your mega-wad, but not before then!

All jokes aside...well...nevermind. I don't have any good advice for you, sorry.

1. i get my skill from mapping on heretic since its easier then maping on doom
2. im moving on to making maps for doom

3. i really thought that it would be easy but i guess you are right.

4. i only modded 3 levels of doom fyi.

5. instead of making a megawad i guess i will start out at making 11 level wads for doom 2 and 9 level episode wads for doom.

6. now my main goal is to make at least 11 level death match levels.

7. i never knew what "theme" ment, cause i mainly go by "scriped"

8. nice wad by the way thOr

9. if anyone has good info on how to make a "proper" wad, then please let me know.

10. i was wanting everyone in the project decide on a name.

Now if everyone is done giving me "friendly" advice, please tell me were the heck did the wadsinprogress.info go!!!

Nightmare93, if you'd like to save yourself embarassment I recommend you do a search on "Tale of Doom". After doing your research on it I highly consider you dont even make a 11 map episode and just pratice your skills more. Dont turn out to be a Shadowrunner man.

Bloodskull said:

Nightmare93, if you'd like to save yourself embarassment I recommend you do a search on "Tale of Doom". After doing your research on it I highly consider you dont even make a 11 map episode and just pratice your skills more. Dont turn out to be a Shadowrunner man.

Shhh, no more friendly advice! :D

Hi I'm Hobbs. Unlike dn, I doubt you'll be getting to know me, as I don't really develop my relationships.

Now the way I see it, you can take the advice you're given, or go home/away/not forward with whateverthefuckthiswouldbe. Because I can almost guaruntee that you arent going to get anyone to help you on some crazy nub mapping venture.

Hobbs your such a wanker. :-)

Thx for the complement nightmare, Its alot better than anything i have previously made :-P

But they are right dude(trust me i know) make a ton of maps first and when you get good at it people will be willing to help you out. I know i will.

Also, there is no real method of making a "good map" well, there are suggestions but not one way is proven best. Just try buidling some crappy maps and making them as good as you can, like Tango told me when i started mapping, Don't expect to be the best in the world, everyone starts somewhere and noone is expected to be great when they do.

zarkyb said:

He was actually giving some advice that you would do well to heed. A megawad is a huge project and you'd be better off trying to make a few individual levels first, then maybe work up to a megawad at some point.

Just a little advice.

thx zarkyb. The same point I was gonna say :)

nightmare93 said:
1. i get my skill from mapping on heretic since its easier then maping on doom

Making some decent, well looking maps for Heretic may be easy but making really good, balanced gameplaywise maps is another thing, since you have to manage the inventory items. Only a few maps among those I tested and reviewed did suceed on that (I give them at least four stars).

Make a few single maps first and release them do something usefull with the feedback youre getting on them.
Getting people to help you will be kinda hard if you have nothing to show, and even if you have something to show it still isn't an guarantee that someone will help you out.

Making 32 maps takes you alot of time and effort if you go for big detailed maps that is.
But I do hope you get some mappers for this it would be nice to play it one day.

Hey thor i have a favor to ask, since i seem not to be a wad maker to all these other people, will you be my wad tester?

dutch devil said:

Make a few single maps first and release them do something usefull with the feedback youre getting on them.
Getting people to help you will be kinda hard if you have nothing to show, and even if you have something to show it still isn't an guarantee that someone will help you out.

Making 32 maps takes you alot of time and effort if you go for big detailed maps that is.
But I do hope you get some mappers for this it would be nice to play it one day.

Well i am making a 3 level wad right now and gona make another 3 level one as well.

Ok, before you try to start your ub3r c00l m3g4w4d and what not, maybe you should consider the following:

What is the theme? What kind of megawad are you trying to make? Midevel, futuristic, hellish, tekbase, old school, new school?

What kind of gameplay are you going to have? Linear, nonlinear? realistic, non realistic? easy, hard, or mixed?

The most important thing you're missing though are the screen shots. You can't just come here and say
"Hey guys! I'm gonna make a 32 level megawad! Now get your asses over here and help me!"

You can't just make a megawad just like that! they're called megawads for a reason. They take planning, work, and years to make.

Look over what you've presented us with for just a moment.

You have NO clue what you want to name your wad.

You have NO clue as to what exactly you're going to make. One moment you said you were making a 32 megawad, the next minute you said you were making an 11 level DM wad. Now you're saying you're going to make a 3 level wad.

Not only that, but you've never MADE an actual doom level. The only thing you've modded for is heretic.

And please don't double post.

nightmare93 said:

Yeah, it's not as if new people who I don't know from Adam propose megaWAD's all the time and never get done.

nightmare93 said:

Hey thor i have a favor to ask, since i seem not to be a wad maker to all these other people, will you be my wad tester?

Sure, just send me wads and i'll do my best to help you make them better.

TheDarkArchon said:

Yeah, it's not as if new people who I don't know from Adam propose megaWAD's all the time and never get done.

Hey man, you're dealing with a little kid. Don't make him go all cap locks and "I HAYT U!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111" on you.

If I didn't know any better Nightmare, I'd think you were actually 5 years old. Not only do you reply to people's advice and criticism with the maturity and intelligence of Jessica Simpson, but you don't do any work on your projects at all!

Like I said before, you have:
-no idea how many levels there will be.
-no idea what the name will be.
-no idea what the theme will be.
-no idea what game type it will be.
-no idea HOW TO MAKE THE LEVELS.

You can tell by the last one that no one is going to help you dude. So before you start leading huge megawads, you should REALLY consider learning how to make a level, instead of just modifying them.

Xenphire said:

The ONE time the Megawad help tag is actually useful and its not available :(

That tag is still here.

nightmare93, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Lizardcommando said:

That tag is still here.

nightmare93, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Ah there it is. I guess I hadn't seen it in so long I thought it was removed :P

I started mapping when I was 13 years old, too, I just didn't expect to something quite as serious as this :P Very few people have the patience to do something like a Megawad, and keeping the levels, themes, gameplay, and difficulty consistent is a real challenge to do. I would suggest trying to do single maps first and toning your skills as a mapper before attempting to do a Megawad.