Find results in...
impcruncher

which is better? doom3 or halo2

which is better doom3 or halo2?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. which is better doom3 or halo2?

• doom 3
    • halo2

no fuck u doom3 does not have drivvable vehicles or covenients. doom3 also dont have plasma guns and pistols and ragdols. halo 2 is the best game ever period. a million lemings cant be wrong !

This isn't even close to being a flame war yet.

I haven't played Halo 2 all that much, only one or two multiplayer games with friends, but I am familiar with the first having owned the PC edition. I'd say they're both your standard, by the book FPS games, but I enjoyed Doom 3 way more than Halo. Doom 3 has better atmosphere and art direction IMO, even if it is rather generic and plain at times.

Doom 3, because of the mods In Hell and Classic Doom for Doom 3. ♡♡♡

Doom 3 even though I don't really care much at all about it. Halo sucks so Doom 3 just wins by default.

In a couple years people will be playing Halo as much as they still play N64 Goldeneye.

Dr. Zin said:

I voted for both cause their both pretty uninspiring.

I agree, though Doom 3 looks awfully nice on my new computer.

Never played halo 2, but halo 1 is better yes.

Sometimes I wonder if people who hate halo to death have never tried it and given it a fair chance.

I used to be a big Halo fan, but eventually it felt old, repetitive, and boring. Halo 2 felt like more of the same. Doom 3 still excites me, though, and I don't require Vista to play the PC version of it, so my vote goes to it.

How can you say Halo is repetitive, and they go and say Doom 3 stayed fresh and exciting??????? Halo was better than the second, and I had a funner time playing Halo 2 over Doom 3. Doom 3 was just way to easy for me, I felt like I was turning into one of those zombies. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to uninstall it from my hard drive.

exp(x) said:

They both suck.

Agreed.

Doom 3 was just plain boring and Halo 2 was more of the same crap from Halo, but shinier and worse (They got rid of the cool Assault Rifle and replaced it with that stupid Battle Rifle). Plus the weapon balance on the guns in Halo 2 sucked compared to Halo. Some stuff are either too weak (Shotgun) or way too powerful (Energy Sword).

XDelusion said:

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knights beats them both!

Yup.

I voted both, because the attributes of each sort of cancel out. I enjoy Doom 3 as a single player game more than I do with Halo 2. When it comes to Multiplayer, Halo 2 blows Doom 3 out of the water; there's much fun to be had with the various MP modes, and the single player campaign is more enjoyable with co-op.

I voted for neither because I've played neither and therefore am educated enough on them to not vote.

Haha Classic Doom beats em both for the sheer number of mods,pwads and (insert your favourite stuff). BFG9000 kickass!