Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JonMadslvn

Doom 2 help!! PLEASE!

I just got the Doom Collector's Series on my pc. It's on a cd. I installed it and did what it told me to do to try to get the mouse to work, but it won't. Also, the music doesn't play, just the sound effects. Please help me! I really wanna get to playing the game damnitt! I have waited so long to finally get a copy of Doom 2! If you can help, please reply!

Go to the Source Ports section of Doomworld and download a Windows port like PrBoom or ZDoom or Doom Legacy. They're native to Windows so the mouse will work fine, plus they have high resolution and other neat stuff.

If you want to be able to use the mouse while still retaining the original "feel" of classic DOS Doom, go grab yourself Boom off TeamTNT's site. It's native to DOS, and doesn't add a lot of the fluff that other source ports have. And you can set the X and Y mouse axes to different values, which is good when moving the mouse up/down will move you forward/backward. Go into the menus and set the mouse Y-axis sensitivity to zero, and you're good to go.

There's something about BOOM's mouse that makes it feel odd... I don't like it personally. The mouse in doom(2).exe is perfect. Damn the source ports :\

How many damn times will this question be asked?!
Oh well.
Anyway-mouse not working, music not playing, blah chee ha ha. Heard it all before.
Just go get ZDoom, Legacy, PRBoom, or one of the myriad other Source Ports out for Doom/2.
Have fun with Collector's Doom, BTW! :)

Go to the Source Ports section of Doomworld and download a Windows port like PrBoom or ZDoom or Doom Legacy. They're native to Windows so the mouse will work fine, plus they have high resolution and other neat stuff.

Actually I play DOOM with mouse, but I use the keyboard for both Heretic/Hexen.

WHY?!@ THEY'RE THE SAME THING!1@#

WHY?!@ THEY'RE THE SAME THING!1@#

Lüt, some people (such as Zaldron) have these things called preferences. Marvelous invention eh?

Heh, is this an actual doom-related post I'm looking at here?

VIVA 0LD 5C|-|00L KEYBOARDERS! (flame me. NOW)

Flame you? On the contrary, I've never used anything butthe keyboard.

I use the keyboard every now and then, brings back memories of the first time I saw doom.

Actually, I'll admit, I used the mouse for about a month, then the mouse died so I just kept with the keyboard.

if I have the possibility of mouse look I'll use it, other wise I will only use the keyboard.

Flame you? On the contrary, I've never used anything butthe keyboard.

Heh, I expected a bunch of you to jump in and correct me as to the meaning of "Old School" or something (as I have seen it happen before).

Missing a source port?
ZDOOM | Legacy | EDGE | PRBOOM | DOOM3D | Vavoom And of course, the MyDoom Frontend! Get them here!
Check Out My Favorite Links too: Staind | Doomworld
Remember kids, your signature should only be changed by you and only you

bah, get rid of your sig, it annoying, we know where to get these ports already :P

lol, it took long enought to get him to shorten it by about 3 times. Just let is stay, give him something to be happy about. =]

Missing a source port?
ZDOOM | Legacy | EDGE | PRBOOM | DOOM3D | Vavoom And of course, the MyDoom Frontend! Get them here!
Check Out My Favorite Links too: Staind | Doomworld
Remember kids, your signature should only be changed by you and only you

bah, get rid of your sig, it annoying, we know where to get these ports already :P

They're there for quick reference, dumbass:P Just click on the link and there you go.

I've attempted to use the mouse.
I tried.
I gave up.

I tried it once a few weeks ago too. It was really funny, but then I wanted to play a serious game in a map with monsters.

I can't really decide what I like better-keyboard, or mouse.
I'm actually fairly OK with either one.

I just got the Doom Collector's Series on my pc. It's on a cd. I installed it and did what it told me to do to try to get the mouse to work, but it won't. Also, the music doesn't play, just the sound effects. Please help me! I really wanna get to playing the game damnitt! I have waited so long to finally get a copy of Doom 2! If you can help, please reply!

JonMadlvn

That explains everything.

BTW, we all know that Collector's DOOM is on a CD.

I like watching lmps made by good keyboard players. They are more elegant and graceful than the the twitchy, seizure inducing demos made by mousers.

I like watching lmps made by good keyboard players. They are more elegant and graceful than the the twitchy, seizure inducing demos made by mousers.

Amen.

jonmad: get jdoom (http://jdoom.newdoom.com/) (3d card with opengl or direct3d support required, don't leave home without 'em!)

Anything that involves that much straferunning sucks.

Gettin on the []\[] [] []/[] there, aren't we? :)

When am I not on the []\[] [] []/[]?
I don't think a day has gone by when I havn't listend to at least one NIN song for at least a month. tee-hee...

On the contrary. Keyboarders have this erratic maneuvers where they continually press/release buttons resulting in curves not-so-curvy. It's about as same as twitchy as "micers".