Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

New deathmatch mode idea

Hey, I've been thinking, I I thought this would be a cool new deathmatch mode to play around with when just shooting at each other for 90+ hours straight gets boring. Basically, you would be assigned one weapon, it would have infinite ammo, and it would be based on your current rank. That would mean the person with the highest score would have the weakest weapon, and the person with the lowest score would have the most powerful, in order to balance the game out. I think it would be extremely fun. There are a couple of issues though, concerning how weapons are assigned. First of all, there are two possible ways to distribute: Always give the fist to the person in first place, or always give the BFG to the person in last place. I don't know which would be better. Maybe there could be an option to select which one when you select the game mode or something. Also, there is the issue of what to do when somebody changes rank. Either the weapon changes instantly, which could decrease the gameplay, or allow the person to keep the weapon until he or she dies, at which point the correct weapon would be assigned. The problem with this would be somebody with the BFG in first place and uses the BFG to hold first place, or the potential for two people to have the same weapon, which would (IMO) ruin the concept. BTW, the whole idea behind this is not only to balance gameplay, but also for someone to really prove how good he or she is, regardless of weapon. I really think my idea is cool, and I hope that certain source port programmers take note *cough *cough Skulltag *cough *cough *cough. Sorry, had something caught in my lungs, excuse me. Of course, I would implement it myself into some fabulous source port myself if I didn't have the programming skills of a can of beets. Does anyone else like this idea, or do you all think that it is completely lame, or since I've posted it in the multiplayer section will anyone even notice?

Nobody wants to fight with a fist/pistol. It's just not fun, especially if that's your "reward" for playing good...

Well, the whole point is, to make it more challenging for the better players, and easier for the worse players. I think it would be fun to try to hold on to your rank using only a pistol or fist. Besides, I think this would be a way to get people to use them, as I feel that these weapons are horribly underused (I realize that's because they suck, but I still don't think it's fair that they are ignored).

"they suck, but I still don't think it's fair that they are ignored"

My point is, that if they suck don't base a game on them. Fighting with a pistol isn't a challenge, it's annoying. Berzerk fist is actually used on map07 and pistol is very good after you've just respawned and you have to run backwards for the plasma. But think about it: would you like to get only a pistol when you're doing great in a game? Of course the idea would worth a try.