Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hobbs

Compet-N mirror

K I kinda kicked about whether this would be useful info, but as its there I figured there would be no use hiding it; I am hosting a Compet-N mirror at http://mirror.dmclub.org/compet-n. Note that this is only the Compet-N, and not the DANG or SDA, though if it would be beneficial, I could host those as well. I also dont have /html on there because I honestly dont know what its good for. Oya, a fairly current /incoming is also on there, for what its worth (just in case you didnt see it in the directory list).

Also, if theres anything important or such I'm missing plx let me know.

EDIT: I changed the location. Nobody will see anyway.

Cool!
because of the nature of the resource, people may always want the master DB, but very cool.

Opulent said:

because of the nature of the resource, people may always want the master DB, but very cool.

Thats why I kicked around posting it.

HobbsTiger1 said:

K I kinda kicked about whether this would be useful info, but as its there I figured there would be no use hiding it; I am hosting a Compet-N mirror at http://dmclub.org/compet-n. Note that this is only the Compet-N, and not the DANG or SDA, though if it would be beneficial, I could host those as well. I also dont have /html on there because I honestly dont know what its good for. Oya, a fairly current /incoming is also on there, for what its worth (just in case you didnt see it in the directory list).

Also, if theres anything important or such I'm missing plx let me know.

Cool. :) Any chance to mirror in such a way that the files' timestamps are preserved, though?

Sorry for the bump, I haven't been paying attention to this area much lately, but I felt that I ought to answer Schneelocke's question; if there is a way to mirror preserving timestamps I don't know about it, and a quick google on the subject didn't help. :\

HobbsTiger1 said:

Sorry for the bump, I haven't been paying attention to this area much lately, but I felt that I ought to answer Schneelocke's question; if there is a way to mirror preserving timestamps I don't know about it, and a quick google on the subject didn't help. :\

It's typically done with rsync, I think, although I'm not sure whether doom2.net supports that.

Alternatively, some ftp programs probably also support preserving timestamps; it all depends on how exactly you're mirroring things. :)

rsync is a *nix program, so I don't think I'm going to have a lot of luck with that.

Schneelocke said:

Alternatively, some ftp programs probably also support preserving timestamps; it all depends on how exactly you're mirroring things. :)

I don't use an FTP "program" per se. I use the command line FTP client. Though getting an FTP program wouldn't be much of a problem.

A working solution to this would be good, as preserving the timestamps seems like a fairly good idea.

HobbsTiger1 said:

rsync is a *nix program, so I don't think I'm going to have a lot of luck with that.

I don't use an FTP "program" per se. I use the command line FTP client. Though getting an FTP program wouldn't be much of a problem.

A working solution to this would be good, as preserving the timestamps seems like a fairly good idea.

You could install Cygwin and run rsync that way. It's a rather poor excuse for an actual unix box, but on windows, it's probably the best you'll get. ;)

From the site
Cygwin is not a way to run native linux apps on Windows. You have to rebuild your application from source if you want it to run on Windows.

:(

When I put Ubuntu on this PC I'll make sure to look into using rsync. For now I think I'm gonna leave it. Thanks for the help.

HobbsTiger1 said:

:(

When I put Ubuntu on this PC I'll make sure to look into using rsync. For now I think I'm gonna leave it. Thanks for the help.

That statement from the site is misleading, to say the least. What they mean is that you can't run native Linux binaries on windows; however, you can usually compile the program yourself without problems, and for common tools (like rsync), they provide packages, anyway, which you can just select in the installer.