Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is anyone going to make a mod that lets you play as the monsters, have thier characteristics, fight the doom marines and use their own weapons?

Just an Idea......

i think i have seen something simiar to that, were you play as a baron or knight, maybe other monsters but i havent seen many screenshots. not sure of what it is called though.

good idea though, i'd be a great way to vent my fury on the stupidity of some people.

There was an old ZDoom source modification called SpiceZDoom that sort of allowed you to do this. The page for it is long gone, but I have it here.

Shadow Dweller said:

i think i have seen something simiar to that, were you play as a baron or knight,

There was such a wad. It was called Doom: Rampage Edition, and it was declared the worst wad of 2004. It's gone now. (I think it was deleted for all the illegal mp3s it contained). However, a better version was released by another person as a spin off.

11th anual cacowards:
After the release of Doom: Rampage Edition, Michael Martin (Deathbringer) said that he could pull "A better wad out of my ass". A week later, A Better Wad Pulled Out Of My Ass was released for EDGE.

you can get it here:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12713

Heh, my top rated wad is a jokewad i made in a couple of weekends, typical. I have been giving vauge thoughts to upgrading it a bit actually, improving the level design (same layout, just more detail) totally re-doing the weapon graphics and making the enemies faster and stronger, as well as changing the health and attack of the boss, as its basically a reskinned cyberdemon at the moment.

I used to love Spice Zdoom as well, i can remember playing my ancient "anarchy doom" wad as a cacodemon, pretending to be a helicopter pilot and getting into dogfights with the other helicopters. It had the best flight controls in doom as well, you used the mouse to look and flew where you looked. I do want to put some air combat levels in a few other wads i have planned (a helicopter bit in Gay Doom, starfighter sequences in Teddy Bear Wars and a 'dambusters' map in Insanity Please 2, projects 90% of the people on this forum will have never ever heard of before) but EDGE's jetpack controls are clumsy at best

I've used this mod before. IT 's cool and exciting. We act as Monsters to fight enemies back.

I like to use Cacodemon , Archvile and Hell Baron.

There was a mod for zdoom called Captain Mancubus released, but I thought it sucked, I don't know what you'll make of it (I can't post a link, soz, try looking on the Doom wiki)

Bloodshedder said:

There was an old ZDoom source modification called SpiceZDoom that sort of allowed you to do this. The page for it is long gone, but I have it here.

Well now that I'm back from being LOSER'D, i can finally tell you that SpiceZDoom didnt work for some reason.. I've got the latest version of zdoom