Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Gravitation[Needs Betatesters]

Well since WIP is down the only place to post would basically be here temporarily.
Im not sure what Im going to do when I complete this, either release it single map or do an episode but either way it needs some betatesters who can stand challenging maps. And of course for the screenshots:

Betatesters anyone?

This looks pretty good, but I'm not sure about all the rainbow colors. You might want to limit your palette a bit, especially regarding colored lights.

esselfortium said:

This looks pretty good, but I'm not sure about all the rainbow colors. You might want to limit your palette a bit, especially regarding colored lights.

I was going with the Red blue green and yellow for portions of the map. Im not doing no rainbows here I can assure you that much.

Bloodskull said:

it needs some betatesters who can stand challenging maps

Yummy. Count me in.

If it's for edge, legacy, gzdoom, zdoom, skull tag, any; sure. IF it's for eternity, no. :(

http://wip.paci-fist.org/ still works, and i think certian people can access wadsinprogress.info fine, while other people cant for some reason. I suspect they probably have some shitty script that blocks out users of certian browsers and operating systems, you know what these "Burn all gifs" people are like

EDIT: Oh okay, actually both sites are down now...

After boris had a hard drive issue with the server he has not restored WIP, and I'm not sure if/when he will. There are talks in the works about getting it hosted on Mancunet but as of yet things are still up in the air.

the WIP is just broken, I have't beenable to acces it in about a year or something!
It even has a wad i've still not released on it, but i'm still kind of working on...
Now that my vacation has started i might just finish it, although I might go to spain fo the vacation.
I love making maps for doom, but i love the beach even more=)
Tchau!

Nice screenshots, Bloodskull... very Vrack-ish! ;) I like them and I love Vrack-styled levels... ;) ...please, let me know when you release it (with PM or e-mail).

Aight folks heres the deal. For those who want to help Mr.Skull get some good ideas to continue working on this map, just pm your Aim messanger handles and I'll send you a beta to see what you guys think. We'll consider this a "Screening of Beta".

I don't use AIM. MSN Messenger only. Catch me on IRC if live feedback is what you want instead of a ton of text in a pm.

Checkmate said:

Why not just up it to Rapidshare?

Why not just kill me now? I'd rather use freewebs anyways. Just pm me if you want the link.

k, played it, heres what I think. First, its too damn incomplete for a beta IMO. Anyway, onto whats really there.

The blue columns hanging out from the lights look more than a little dumb. I know what you were attempting, and so will most people who play it, but theres quite a difference between trying and getting it right. Other than that the map looks really quite nice, cant say I've got any qualms with the looks of it, not quite my personal style, but its not bad. Probably could use more light variance.

There is no challenge to this wad. The big main room is simply an infight frenzy, wth you finishing off the remaining species (in this case cacos) afterwards. If you take this path, you have plenty of ammo for the SSG, and thats simply what you do for the rest of the wad; SSG whatever comes at you. Even the archvile was naught but a trifle when I had ammo. Also the second beserk pack, at least when following this route of play, is excessive.

Alternatively, at the beginning of the wad, you can go and take it upon yourself to kill the monsters that are in the main room. This method leaves you little to no ammo for the rest of the map (depending on how much work you do, how good your aim is, etc), and you're left resorting to having to fist monsters that shouldnt have to be, or use ammo conservation tactics you shouldnt have to. In that case its not challenging, its just annoying and gay.

The wad shows potential, but it needs a hell of a lot of work in the gameplay dept.

EDIT: Oya, I had to play this in ZDoom because Pr(+) gives a texture error with the texture wad. You might (jest mebbe) want to fix that.