Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Dweller

image posting

how do i post an image directly on the thread without links? i have seen it done but i dont know how to do it. i have read the FAQ and searched the forums, but all i got was the rules of posting an image.

would you use this if the image came off the computers hard drive too or is this just for internet bound images? what i am trying to do is post images from my hard drive onto the post, like screenshots for doom maps that i am working on. it is alot easier than writing out the picture.

and the image can be seen on the post itself, without the link? i remember i tried the whole imageshack thing and i don't think i did it right, as i couldn't see the image.

After you host something with Imageshack, it'll give you several ways of linking to it. I think you want to use one of the forum code formats, or you could possibly link to image on one of the pages it gives you.

ok, i realize that this kind of a late reply but imageshack is still a problem. i selected my image off the hard drive, i hosted it, waited, then it brings me back to the main page. what do i do from there?

...it'll give you several ways of linking to it

where do i find them?

EDIT: Ok i have figured out how to post an image, but how do i get it to appear on the post without a link?

Shadow Dweller said:

EDIT: Ok i have figured out how to post an image, but how do i get it to appear on the post without a link?

like this
[*img]http://www.yourdomain.com/pic.jpg[*/img]

Without the stars.

Shadow Dweller said:

strange, i did the exact same thing and it still produced a link. does it depend on the file size?

Yes, and the image size. 640x480 and 80kb iirc max.

If you are sure you are doing everything else right, check your profile to see if your prefereces are set for you to view images.

I know i can do it just fine. Just copy and paste the link they give you for thumbnails (i think).