Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
quakis

[Question] How to make a sloped ceiling structure like so?

There is some thing I am not quite certain about in DooM Builder yet but I'm learning things quite fast. One thing that bothers me is how to get slopes working correctly in Zdoom. I've checked a few maps, copied the properties (not the actual map pieces) but still no luck. I'm wonder if anyone could give me a little guide or such to make a slope structure like the screenshot. I know it was taken in Valve Hammer Editor but it's the best way to give an idea (better than a drawing at least too) Any help would be great, unless this is not possible and I'm attempting the impossible. Thanks.

Possible, but probably not worth it. Gotta make each different slope perfect and then shrink the flats so they look normal, just, bleh.

yeah skewed flats piss me off, but I heard Randy had a way to get rid of them in the code that is commented out for some reason but apparently the newest ZDoom version has kept it commented out :(

if your using deepsea, formerly called deep97, you go to the left menu where you see a door maker, a wall maker, so forth, go click on the slopes menue and select slope. Key in what width, height, and length you want. I personaly like the tunnel my self. Thats what you do on the deepsea builder. which pwns! i hope it helps you at all.

rebdoomin said:

if your using deepsea, formerly called deep97, you go to the left menu where you see a door maker, a wall maker, so forth, go click on the slopes menue and select slope. Key in what width, height, and length you want. I personaly like the tunnel my self. Thats what you do on the deepsea builder. which pwns! i hope it helps you at all.

He said he's using doom builder. You know, the one that's even better then Deep Sea and is free?
Anyway, I'd suggest you just experement. If you can't get it, then you could just create a fake slope. either way, it's not worth wasting valuable cash on that crappy Deep throating editor

Craigs said:

that's even better then Deep Sea

Care to qualify that? I can think of many ways in which I find DeePsea better than DB but many of those ways are opinional or dependant on my priorities. Just blurting out "it's better" doesn't tell anyone anything.

But, by all means, go ahead and try everything and find out what is best for you.

Let's not start one of those DooM Builder vs Deapsea arguements again guys. To each his own, some people prefer certain editors over others. Could be any reason, sure one may have something better than the other but if the mapper feels comfortable with one editor but not the other one then just leave it at that...

But again, thanks for the quick response. Very helpful.