Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Hellcore bug-fixed

Hello!

Where can i find a bug-fixed version of Hellcore?

I read they created one, but i can't find where it is .

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo! ;) Instead of writing here, why don't you reply my e-mails?! :P
Anyway, as far as I know, I don't know of any bug-free version of "Hellcore"! :p My ex-bosses (DarkFyre and Fusion) had the "great" idea of releasing a crappy version of "Hellcore" and then release a new version with just their own levels (very questionable decision!), that actually is still to be released.

Hey Lorenzo. We never actually released a bug-free version, we made one but then instead started working on it off & on again :/

We are working on one right now, and will probably release a demo (or atleast a current version) to the public soon. Almost all the levels have been cut out, and right now it's at 10 maps done and 2 are being worked on. I'm glad to hear the interest though!

And Ismaele, our decision is by far not questionable, so stop flaming us or the project, just give it a rest man!

Darkfyre said:

Hey Lorenzo. We never actually released a bug-free version, we made one but then instead started working on it off & on again :/

We are working on one right now, and will probably release a demo (or atleast a current version) to the public soon. Almost all the levels have been cut out, and right now it's at 10 maps done and 2 are being worked on. I'm glad to hear the interest though!

And Ismaele, our decision is by far not questionable, so stop flaming us or the project, just give it a rest man!

I don't flame anybody... can't I give information and my opinion!?!

If not it's probably just your english taken out of context then, which is understandable. But you just make it seem like me 'n Fusion are both rude and idiotic for cutting all the maps out, and that you are horrifically offended that one is yours despite the reasons given.

I don't think the hell-core team cared enough to make a bug fix team. From what I could tell, the guy who posted the wad just wanted to get it over with and get on with his life.

Dr. Zin said:

Darkfyre and Fusion ARE the Hellcore team.

Yes... NOW they ARE the Hellcore team... they are the only members (as far as I know!).

Craigs said:

I don't think the hell-core team cared enough to make a bug fix team. From what I could tell, the guy who posted the wad just wanted to get it over with and get on with his life.

The guyS who posted the .WAD were DarkFyre an Fusion in charge as bosses of the Hellcore team... and yes, they wanted to get it over and get on with their life, when they released the .WAD. In fact, I was pretty surprised when they came back again to work on a new version of "Hellcore"! :o They make me wonder further when they decided to delete some maps (not just mine!), replace them with new other levels and revamp the other ones. I say: if you change maps, then it is not the same project, the same .WAD... give it another name! Isn't it a good idea?! I think it would make things clearer (in every sense of this word!).

I'd like to state now that out of the 12 maps finished and in production, only one is new. The other 11 are revamps of the previous maps.

Also, Chris Hansen is still technically on the team, as we currently are keeping his revamp of map15.

Also, again, the maps deleted were the ugly ones from '96 that aren't getting revamped, and maps that either didn't flow with the rest of the maps or had just subpar or no detail compared to the rest.

Most of the maps kept were maps that we received e-mails complimenting on them, maps that people made demos of, and maps that we ourselves enjoyed.

Thank you !

But i think it wasn't a good idea to release an incomplete version of Hellcore. I found only a bug in level 5 (zdoom crashes) and it shouldn't too much difficult to fix...

Well, if you cut out some level, why don't put them in a separate wad ?

Lorenzo

Because they're still available in the original wad (which yes, I will get them to replace the old version with a working version). The new Hellcore is not to replace but a new version altogether. So the older maps can still be played if people so choose to. Hellcore isn't the name of the WAD as much as it is the name of the project. That's why the version's are dated :p

Why don't you name the new version of "Hellcore" with a new title? I mean: if there are so many changes (although some maps are beging revamped, but other ones removed!), I think you'd better rename it!

What I mean is: "Hellcore" was released and now their bosses are working on new maps and revamping some of the old ones, but they removed other ones... so they are making a new .WAD... then I think they'd better rename it from scratch.
For example: "HellGore", "HellSore"; "BellCore", "CellCore", "SellCore" (<- this sounds interesting! ;), "WellCore", "YellCore" and such!

Ismaele said:

What I mean is: "Hellcore" was released and now their bosses are working on new maps and revamping some of the old ones, but they removed other ones... so they are making a new .WAD... then I think they'd better rename it from scratch.
For example: "HellGore", "HellSore"; "BellCore", "CellCore", "SellCore" (<- this sounds interesting! ;), "WellCore", "YellCore" and such!

@Ish: Pfft Hellsore... Sellcore.. your originality baffles the mind.
Your points have been noted by now ish; I promise, if a meteror is heading to earth and the world is at armageddon, we'll change the name to Hellsore.. until that happens, NO.

Hellcore 2.0 is a new name. And it is definitily an extension of the original, so it only makes sense to brand it as such. We decided to name it 2.0 because many levels in there are from the original hellcore, but are completely overhauled down to every last vertex.

Also, about your level getting cut.. i personally liked your level, but it currently is not up to H2 standards. You were given the opportunity to revamp your map for Hellcore 2.0, but you refused to do so... therefore it didn't make it in. It will never bet cut from Hellcore version 1, so chill man.

@Lorenzo: Contrary to popular belief, DF was the one who pushed to get it out, if it had been up 2 me.. it would probably still be on my hd rotting away.

Anyway, I agree with you 100%.. We should release a proper working version of hellcore v1. i will talk to DF about this.

Good day people

Fusion said:

@Ish: Pfft Hellsore... Sellcore.. your originality baffles the mind.
Your points have been noted by now ish; I promise, if a meteror is heading to earth and the world is at armageddon, we'll change the name to Hellsore.. until that happens, NO.

Mine were just simple and... let's say it all... "joke titles"! ;) I still think that a NEW title is advisable!