Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Several months ago, sometime in August 2005 I believe, I decided to make a remake of one of my favorite Doom2 maps, Map03. So, with 3 hours of work, I finished the map. It had a similar layout, and similar looks obviously (to the original).
Following that, I decided to make a remake of my other favorite Doom2 map, Map02. After 2 or 3 days, I had a lot of the map done, but then for some reason, I suddenly stopped working on the map (which was a stupid idea). So now, I plan to finish Map02, and add difficulty settings to each of the maps, and then release them.
By the way, I also made 2 little 'banners' for each of the maps, which took me 5 minutes or so.

I hope to have these done by the end of the month.
=D

Nice idea. There have been lots of remixes and reinterpretations of Doom1 (mainly Episode1) maps and MAP01, but I'm not aware of many, if any, similar projects beyond those. I like the originals of the maps you are doing too, so I look forward to seeing these.

Enjay said:
There have been lots of remixes and reinterpretations of Doom1 (mainly Episode1) maps and MAP01, but I'm not aware of many, if any, similar projects beyond those.

True. Some time back there was, though, a thread about "remakes" of DOOM and DOOM II levels. I think Linguica had started it.

I'm saying though twice per sentence! Only the second time today, though.

Yes, it's here.

I also like the idea of new maps in D2 Ep1 style - I can't think of all that many besides 1 & 7, and a few for 2 as well.

Yay, progress! I got a bit more of Map02 done. Tomorrow, I'll hopefully get close to finishing the rest of the layout, if not actually finishing it. Following that, I'll need to do a few things...
1) Add Difficulty To Both Maps
2) Add Deathmatch Support
3) Get a few testers to give some feedback on the gameplay
So, expect to see this released sometime soon. :-D

Remakes are nice ive played a map from Doom_Dude a while ago which was based on D2 map02.
Very nice what he did with 3dfloors and it was cool to recognize the original map in it.

Good luck with your maps Tango it would't be nice to play through them sometime.
Do you have some screens im curious now.

dutch devil said:

Do you have some screens im curious now.

Thanks for the feedback. =D Yeah, I'll post up some screenshots sometime tonight hopefully. =)
Today while working on Map02, I decided to do something a bit different with the difficulty. For each difficulty, the thing placement will be different. If you look at the map from a certain point, the things will be arranged differently depending on the difficulty. This is a very time consuming process, but I'm liking it so far. =D
Edit: I took 2 screenshots, 1 from each map. I'd take more, but the maps aren't very large, so I don't want to show the whole map to you before I release it. =D
Map02
Map03
By the way, I will be releasing these two maps separately.

for years I've wanted to see a compilation map but I fear they were rejected as being "edited versions of id levels"... I guess that it may be to tide the tards from editing map01 then releasing it while editing time took what, 5 minutes-- then something as memorable as Punisher.Still, we wouldn't have Abyss and punisher if we followed the rules strictly.

Finally finished the layout of Map02 today. Just need to add things for most of the map, and get some beta testers. Even though I wanted it to be released by today, hopefully next Friday will be possible. =D

I remember a idea long time ago, when I had finished Flashback, I would make Flashback Doom 2.
Nice to see "Flashback" themed maps for doom2. :)

Tango said:

Today while working on Map02, I decided to do something a bit different with the difficulty. For each difficulty, the thing placement will be different. If you look at the map from a certain point, the things will be arranged differently depending on the difficulty. This is a very time consuming process, but I'm liking it so far. =D

Just today I decided to ditch this idea, for a few reasons:
1) The thing count was pretty much tripled
2) The process just got incredibly annoying
3) I don't see the point
So, because of this, hopefully I'll get the map -really- closed to being finished tonight. Expect to see this in the next /newstuff (if there ever is one).

Alright, these maps are done, and uploaded, they just need to be accepted. :)

Just played the maps, they're pretty good. Out of the two I'd have to say I liked map02mix the best.

Heh, DomRem and Belial pointed out to me that the ammo was way too much, so I'll be uploading a second version to fix this. :D

Ive played them and liked them I think I like map02mix the best good job on both of them.

The detail was very good altough map03mix the area with the computer map thing looked underdetailed imo.
The shape of that room looks like it came out of an 94 map, maybe remove that area and make something else.
Make some more please I liked them alot :)

Heh thanks Dutch Devil, I might actually end up replacing that room. :)
Edit: Okay, I did some editing. Go ahead and redownload them just for the current version (no I'm not saying you have to play them again). Thanks. :D

Very nice, I liked them :)

A couple of minor aesthetic-related suggestions, though:

1) It looks unnatural to have two walls come to a point like this: |/

2) In the first room of map02, the sectors "holding up" the midbars would look better if the midbars were positioned so that they were connected to the middles of those sectors instead of touching the very edges of them. Looks kind of weird as it is now.

3) In some areas, particularly in map02, it wouldn't have hurt to use a few less textures.

Regardless of this whining on my part, I had fun playing them and they're very pretty.