Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Ever experienced anything supernatural?

I made this thread after reading and old one that had just been bumped (which I had oddly enough I had been thinking about recently for some reason.. strange coincidence heh). Anyway has anyone ever experienced anything supernatural? Not just ghosts and the like but anything? Or anything thats so far a pseudoscience like telekenetics and the like? Or perhaps dreams that were somehow signifigant?

Me personally, I used to love this stuff when I was younger. However, I don't recall specifically anything happening to me (except getting really scared reading about it). In fact, I believe ghosts for the most part are the result of an overactive imagination, and in certain cases I believe that the brain actually changes its memories to some extent based on interpretation (and afterthought.. i believe this has been proven with dreams, that thinking about them later will change the actual memory of the dream which is why so many people feel that real life may have imitated a dream, because they subconsioncly reconstruct an old dream under new circumstances or something).

I also think that the mind is capable of playing tricks on itself that appear to manifest themselves physically. Also, in extreme circumstances I think that the mind actually can physically affect the world around it (but to a very small degree). But I'm not sure of the last one.

Anyway, thoughts?

Yes... the strength with which I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!eleven.

You mean like when two guys decided to create the DooM Comic? And then they fooled themselves( and probably many others including me :P) into thinking that the comic is actually good? I'll say the birth of the insane, yet strangely funny DooM comic counts as one of the supernatural events of the century...

I grew up in jersey....Jersey has lots of haunted spots (check out weird N.J magazine), and lots of underground/abandoned tunnels and asylums/ strange places....not to mention P.T.Barnums's migitville....
Me and a friend were breaking into an old Lunatic Asylum...2am, and when we got to the parking lot(through tons of bush), we heard children playing and singing.....up close and talking....
we stopped doing this sort of stuff when a friend of mine fell through an elevator shaft in an abandoned factory. she is kinda retarted now.
oh yeah, once me and my girlfriend were sitting in her apartment, i looked at her and her face turned all bloody and disfigured...I asked if it was going to happen to me too.....the next week we fell off of her balcony....she fell on her face.

I once were playing Counter Strike with a friend, the rest of the team mates was killed by the other teams (that were winning), but somehow, my friend and I managed to beat 'em all.

I once tried to do a Kamehameha and it worked, but as I never developed my Ki, no ki bolt was summoned.

Expirancing Real Supernatural things would leave you rendered scared shitless or a minor ecounter or glipse would leave you mesmorized and say to your self "WTF was that shit" then overtime that memory of the encounter would just fade away and you'll forget about it and only remember glimpses that event....

This same thing happened to me where I was walking down (this was long ago when I was around 15/16) on a aile in a shopping center and suddenly I saw this older man walking pass me and he looked as if he wanted to tear someones heart out which I looked at his sneering face and I seen his
fangs exposed which left me frozen as if
saying "What the Fuck I just saw?" which left to consider without no doupht that guy I just saw was a Vampire...then I told everyone else I knew about it but they laugh it off my "superstistion" and my memory of that encounter just faded into pointless fragments (when I try to remember his fangs) since I do have a photographic memory by heart......

Experiencing something supernatural is impossible by definition. Unless by "experience" you mean "hallucinate".

i think i predicted my testing room for FCAT.

here i am, one day, sitting at my desk, waiting to see what room i would be in. suddenly one thought just popped into my head.

when i was called i was told my testing room was portable 47.

Fredrik said:

Experiencing something supernatural is impossible by definition. Unless by "experience" you mean "hallucinate".

I wasn't taking LSD or any hallucinating drug when I seen that vampire....you obviously are the one hallucinating because you are blinded by the deceptions of our own mundane "scientific" reality...but fine if you want to debunk the Supernatural/Magic/Sorcery then I would suggust for you to take the Blue Pill...You must understand that Science is designed to trap mankind into a eternal nihlistic stasis that offers no spiritual trandcendence but only enslavement....

Let me guess, you work for CSICOP don't you? or mabye just one of the "masses" (sheeple)

Nightmare Doom said:

I wasn't taking LSD or any hallucinating drug when I seen that vampire....you obviously are the one hallucinating because you are blinded by the deceptions of our own mundane "scientific" reality...but fine if you want to debunk the Supernatural/Magic/Sorcery then I would suggust for you to take the Blue Pill...You must understand that Science is designed to trap mankind into a eternal nihlistic stasis that offers no spiritual trandcendence but only enslavement....

I've changed my mind. Your brain evidently isn't of this world.

Or perhaps any world.

Anyways, when I was young, like, really young, I believed all the ghosts and demons of movies existed. Then I started getting my education. The only ghost that exists is the fear inside your own mind. There is no boogeyman in the closet or spirit of your granny haunting her house.

Nightmare Doom said:

Let me guess, you work for CSICOP don't you? or mabye just one of the "masses" (sheeple)

Let me guess, you are devoid of a sense of logic. If it's supernatural, it's because it's beyond nature. If vampires actually exist, which they don't, they wouldn't be supernatural

a note about ghosts:
assuming they do exists because people claim to have seen them does that mean everyone is a ghost when they die? Obviously not. So I guess you could assume the rest travel to an afterlife, or are reincarnated or just fade away or become part of the universe again (this may be seen as an afterlife too). Or maybe some people just die. But thats the main thing about ghosts is that why them? Anyone have any ideas assuming ghosts exist (I'm not saying they do though, cant say anything for sure).

Nightmare Doom said:

You must understand that Science is designed to trap mankind into a eternal nihlistic stasis that offers no spiritual trandcendence but only enslavement....

And a belief in vampires and magic offers spiritual trandcendence?

No, I did not experience something supernatural. And if I experience one, I’d be suspectful with my sensations and/or my mental abilities.

Nightmare Doom said:

I think somebody is spiking your morning OJ with LSD, buddy, you're obviously fucked in the brain.

Just because someone is wearing fangs, doesn't mean he/she is a Vampire. There ARE such things as false teeth for instance.

Loved all that supernatural shit when I was a kid, but over the years I've come to realize that is all just BS.

Why does that guy still offer a million dollars for incontrovertible proof of the supernatural? Because no one has ever been able to win the money.

kristus said:

Just because someone is wearing fangs, doesn't mean he/she is a Vampire. There ARE such things as false teeth for instance.

There are also people like me with pronounced canine (sp?) teeth and some weird fuckers purposely grind their teeth down to have the "vampire" look. Maybe he was just a sick old fuck or something, why do you read so much into it, ND?

its funny because if the thread began anti-supernatural, all of you would be pro instead.
strange things do happen every day. some are explainable, some aren't. some people are in tune with it, most aren't.
we all have electric brains, who knows where they go.
....i'm not defending the vampire thing, that was prolly half priced drink night at the goth club.

TheDarkArchon said:

Let me guess, you are devoid of a sense of logic. If it's supernatural, it's because it's beyond nature. If vampires actually exist, which they don't, they wouldn't be supernatural

Vampires are undead thats what makes them supernatural...

Nightmare Doom said:

I seen his fangs exposed

I actually knew a guy that wore fake fangs just to freak people out...

Foofoo said:

how about deja vu? i get that quite a lot.

Deja-Vu is just caused by when your mind creates two copies of the same memory when it is being stored. It's a brain malfunction, not good but not harmful. I get 'em all the time too :(

Nightmare Doom said:

If they're not created by artifical means they are natural, therefore not being supernatural.

nah, vampires are people who go to a venue to see live drum machines on stage while some guy is reading Edgar Allen Poe spoken word.lol.
then again...i guess they are undead!

heh, i would never use fake fangs to scare poeple, I use a priest shirt.

Nightmare Doom said:

You mean like minerals?

Nightmare Doom said:
You must understand that Science is designed to trap mankind into a eternal nihlistic stasis that offers no spiritual trandcendence but only enslavement....

I see... who designed it thus? The Undead themselves? The Jews and the Freemasons? Both? Are they one and the same?

Was Freud a Vampire? Is he still with us as one of the Undead? And Marx...? What about Leo Strauss?