Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

How did you last play?

What IWAD, PWAD & map did you last play? What source port did you use? Was it single player, cooperative, deathmatch, or some other multiplayer mode? Did you enjoy it?

I last played a co-op game of Doom II/Alien Vendetta on map 14 using Chocolate Doom. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I always do when I play cooperative games.

The very last thing I played was E4M8 from Thy Flesh.. I were interested in recreating it for Flash Back, but as I have a DOOM project in mind for this winter vacation (yeah, it's winter here), I decided to abandon the idea.

Other recent things I played, some multiplayer games in the diferent servers at the Skulltag launcher.

I enjoyed them all.

i played my custom doom map about five minutes ago. it was for regular doom 2 format, single player. i guess i enjoyed it; but one thing i seemed to have noticed is that after testing the map over and over again by the time i finished making it, i'm already sick of it. the errors, the repetative gameplay. i would take a break from it so as not to wear out the map, but since i am part of the CC3 project, i can't. at least now the map is finished.

nothing against doom or anything

I played coop with a friend on a map of mine still in progress, SkullTag, map02.

Phobiata.wad, Legacy, loved the music, liked the design, hated the gameplay and the port.

Last night, some DM on some Zdeamon map, think that was the weird nutty.wad with even weirder edited weapon behavior. Didn't like as much as Plutonia coop an hour before that where I met Vince. There were like 5 players and after playing map32 we repeated it once more. It's always cool to hear five cyberdemon deaths in three seconds :)

Last single player was Scientist 2 map20 probably a week ago - I then finished this wad, which was really enjoyable.

I last played a co-op game of Doom II/Alien Vendetta on map 14 using Chocolate Doom. I thoroughly enjoyed it, as I always do when I play cooperative games.

What if you're playing a coop server on Zdaemon with item respawn turned off and 3 speed runners whoring all the health and ammo to themselves while leaving nothing for you?

The last time I played Doom, I was playing Imoral Conduct SE on Edge for Doom 2. I was playing Null Space on Hurt me Plenty

I've decided to replay the two Dooms under -fast difficulty, by starting on "Hey, not too rough."
Last I did the first two episodes on HNTR difficulty. -fast is probably how Doom should be played nowadays, since under a high enough frame rate its monsters become predictable.

printz said:

-fast is probably how Doom should be played nowadays, since *under a high enough frame rate* its monsters become predictable.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Craigs said:

I was playing Null Space on Hurt me Plenty

Just FYI, Nulspace is possible to beat in Nightmare, once I recorded an assisted (read: cheated) demo. Of course, to do it normally is beyond my skills.

printz said:

-fast is probably how Doom should be played nowadays, since under a high enough frame rate its monsters become predictable.

I don't think you'd notice a difference in framerate between a P1 120Mhz and a P4 2400Mhz computer in any IWAD map. Fast monsters are far more predictable than normal ones, just feel the rhythm (especially when SSG'ing cacos from close range) and don't sleep.

Janizdreg said:
What IWAD, PWAD & map did you last play?

Today I played some Rylayeh Map05.

What source port did you use?

Doom2+

Was it single player, cooperative, deathmatch, or some other multiplayer mode?

Single player.

Did you enjoy it?

It wasn't bad, though it would be better if it were brighter and had more fighting space.

Last time I played Doom was for /newstuff #279. I've been prioritising other things ahead of Doom.

Equinox with ww-cash.wad - which I quit because somebody decided to bug me on Google Talk.

I play Ultimate Doom most every morning on my GamePark, in a cafe. I haven't played on the PC in almost a year, sadly. Don't have a desk at home so playing sitting on the floor with the keyboard in my lap doesn't feel quite right...

What I meant is that with -fast every single monster becomes a considerable challenge. Alternatively I can play doom.exe under XP since I lose both sounds and frame rate.

I did a speedrun through Knee-Deep in the Dead of Ultimate Doom on Ultra-Violence. I was finished Map 7 by around eight minutes.

A tyson for "go-2-it" would be quite spectacular, considering there's no berzerk and tons of cybers. You can get arch-viles to help since the cybers won't fight back, but if they're allowed to get close they will blow themselves up first before they do serious damage.

Donce said:

I don't think you'd notice a difference in framerate between a P1 120Mhz and a P4 2400Mhz computer in any IWAD map. Fast monsters are far more predictable than normal ones, just feel the rhythm (especially when SSG'ing cacos from close range) and don't sleep.

Probabally because there is none: Vanilla has a frame rate cap of 35 FPS.

Skulltag, UDM2, deathmatch, and it was the most fun I've had with doom in quite some time