Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Foofoo

what is a wad that you hate but a small part of you secretly likes?

GROVE
Doom2:2 - The Time Travel saga

I love your textfiles, Foofoo.

An ancient megawad for Doom1 called Ilusory.wad

Atrocious level design, item placement and texture use.

Misaligned texture outnumber aligned ones and there is plenty of HoM's, Moires, slimetrails and Tutti Frutti errors. I am not completely sure but I think there is a Medusa error tucked in there as well.

Several maps features faulty reject maps and node trees leading to several anomalies including invisible barriers, the ability to go outside the playing field and unresponsive monsters.

The end levels are misplaced with the cyberdemon one ending E1 and the Baron one ending E2. As a result you will be unable to complete these levels.

It's a tour de force of bad mapping and i have never experienced any jokewad satisfyingly emulate the utter horror.

Some DOOM2 PWAD called UNDRGRND.WAD
It was a deathmatch map which had a singleplayer start, a bunch of mancubuses, a bunch of revenants, and a bunch of SS Nazis...but it didn't have any singleplayer exits. Arrrgggghhh!!!!

But what i really really loved about it was the layout of the sectors and the backround music that played throughout.

One of the ARENA.WAD's in Maximum doom, for Ultimate doom, its a gigantic grey monstrosity with some huge lifts, some areas inexplicably in zero brightness, and an infestation of barons and cyberdemons and anything else. Hm, now that i think about it, i fancy re-making it, except maybe with some coherence and theme and better detail, plus 3D floors where the huge lifts are (as i can only imagine that is what the creator wanted to simulate in a crude way)

The first DSV megawad.

Playing this whole megawad is like watching a beginner mapper's skill evolve and get better (not yet to perfection) map after map...

Oh yeah, the first DSV is excellent fun! DSV 3 is pretty good too, just dont play the Zdoom version unless you like invincible barons (DSV 2 was something totally different and, i belive, for heretic), but DSV 4 is just stupidly difficult and annoying. Wasnt there a DSV 5 as well?