Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ebon

Will there be TSoZD?

Which project shall stay? (TSoZD=The shores of ZDoom)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which project shall stay? (TSoZD=The shores of ZDoom)

• NO! Keep it KDiZD.
    • Wow! Both, should be wonderful.
    • Umm, yeah, actually I think KDiZD should be cancelled in favor of TSoZD
    • Mwhahaha, NONE! They\'re waste of time!

There's no TSoZD, but it might exist, who might know?

After KDiZD gets finished, will people start working on TSoZD? Sounds like a great idea, much greater than remaking Knee-Deep, because Ep. 2 was quite a bit spookier than Ep. 1 but wasn't very well implemented.

This is also a poll.

Ebon said:

After KDiZD gets finished, will people start working on TSoZD?

You mean if KDiZD gets finished.
Your poll should contain an option I don't believe they'll release any of these.

The fourth choice is a paraphrase of your option. Hah, you voted for it.

The third option said:

Umm, yeah, actually I think KDiZD should be cancelled in favor of TSoZD

You must be joking, right?
Do you really think we would cancel Kdizd and let all the resources, maps etc. go to waste this short before it's done?

Vader said:

Do you really think we would cancel Kdizd and let all the resources, maps etc. go to waste this short before it's done?

Woah, no, I don't want it to cancel :). It'd be bad to do so. Just a possible situation: a project may cancel or continue :D. So good luck, hope it will break the good records :)

Glad it's "this short before it's done."

Vader said:

I didn't clearly say I don't believe you will ever finish it, and I didn't vote for any of tese options. Hopefully there are people like you and Paul still working on KDiZD, so I can rest assured that this mordeth state will end - some day. Even if I have have serious doubts sometimes.

Reproducing a registered episode would be objectionable by Todd Hollenshead's terms probably.

I'd rather see DOOMJR IN ZDOOM

It'd be great, now feel free to do it Ebon.

P.S: and rather than Shores of Hell, I'd prefer DOOM 2 city maps to be redone.

ellmo said:

I didn't clearly say I don't believe you will ever finish it, and I didn't vote for any of tese options. Hopefully there are people like you and Paul still working on KDiZD, so I can rest assured that this mordeth state will end - some day. Even if I have have serious doubts sometimes.

Actually we're all quite motivated atm, so it's just a matter of time...
maybe 1 or 2 more month to get this finished ;)

I would certainly like to see more E2 remakes, since I liked it almost as much as E1. E3 would also be cool remade to see if someone could fix the things that I didn't like about it.

A TSoZD, though? I'm not sure. I obviously haven't played KDiZD yet, so I don't know if E2 would be a good idea in the same style. As much as I look forward to KDiZD, I'm still worried the gameplay will suffer because of the attention to detail.

so I can rest assured that this mordeth state will end - some day. Even if I have have serious doubts sometimes.

I wouldn't call this a Mordeth state as the progress proceeds quite fast in the last few weeks and I am very glad to say, that a release nears ;) Coop/Gameplay tests will start in the next few weeks!

Tormentor667 said:

I wouldn't call this a Mordeth state as the progress proceeds quite fast in the last few weeks...

Good to know. I was out of the community for quite a time, but I remember a period when KDiZD was definitely stuck.

Just a question what would the acronym be for the third episode if it was to be made for Zdoom my suggestion TIoZD oh and while we are at it TFCoZD its good to know that KDIZD will be released fairly soon I've wanted to play that since it was announced on WIP I wonder when that site will return

AFAIK, the fourth episode was meant to be named "Thy Flesh ZDoomed", which is a very good name if you ask me. Far better than anythin I've heard so far.

Other than that - I highly doubt people will think seriously about even beginning the TSoZD...

ellmo said:

Other than that - I highly doubt people will think seriously about even beginning the TSoZD...

Yeah... don't count on it although I have to say that I would really like to see a revamped "Shores of Hell" episode the way KDiZD was created

If they do, it needs to be a parody of Sandy's crappy mapping skills.

printz said:

Not sure that levels based on registered doom are allowed...

They are, as long as "The Shores of ZDoom" uses the DOOM.WAD from the registered version of Doom (Shareware can't launch PWADs afaik),the same goes for the third episode.When working on KDiZD,we directly asked members from the id-staff and they told us how this credit thing is working. But I can imagine, that we would get into some trouble if we would start "Thy Flesh ZDoomed" because you can play these maps with the normal DOOM.WAD without having to buy the "Ultimate Doom"