Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

Making weapons work

i have ia question on how to make weapons do damage, revive dead monsters to fight for me, and what type of ammo to use.

nightmare93 said:

i have ia question on how to make weapons do damage,

You shoot them.

revive dead monsters to fight for me,

I'm sorry the doom engine doesnt support that.

and what type of ammo to use.

I wasnt aware doom allowed you to set ammo type.

BE MORE SPECIFIC!

HobbsTiger1 said:

You shoot them.

I wasnt aware doom allowed you to set ammo type.

BE MORE SPECIFIC!

i mean actually set them up on your own type you want. like a shotgun. make it shoot. i know you need some kind of coding to do that and that you need XWE.

Some doom engines like GZdoom supports weapons that can revive monsters to fight for you. same thing wit summoning.

what i mean by ammo type, like plasma, shells or an ammo type thats from another game.

nightmare93 said:

i mean actually set them up on your own type you want. like a shotgun. make it shoot. i know you need some kind of coding to do that and that you need XWE.

Some doom engines like GZdoom supports weapons that can revive monsters to fight for you. same thing wit summoning.

what i mean by ammo type, like plasma, shells or an ammo type thats from another game.

1. Dehacked or decorate.

2. Dehacked or decorate.

3. Dehacked or decorate.

Craigs said:

1. Dehacked or decorate.

2. Dehacked or decorate.

3. Dehacked or decorate.

um... in english please

nightmare93 said:

um... in english please

Just use Dehacked or Decorate.

Or DDF or EDF or The Vavoom One

I havent seen any wad on any port let you revive dead monsters and "convert" them to your side, so i dont know if that is possible.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Yes it's possible, you might like it more under ports that support friendly monsters.

Make the weapon shoot a FRIEND'ly archvile missile (starting frame 243) that disappears after a short while (frame 254.) Do the same to resurrection frame 266 (next frame = 0.)

Make it invisible and nonmissile. Zero its missile damage. Zero its attack frame. Test it so it doesn't crash/lock-up the game.

Actually you don't need the FRIEND bit if you can exploit monster infighting.

printz said:

Yes it's possible, you might like it more under ports that support friendly monsters.

Make the weapon shoot a FRIEND'ly archvile missile (starting frame 243) that disappears after a short while (frame 254.) Do the same to resurrection frame 266 (next frame = 0.)

Make it invisible and nonmissile. Zero its missile damage. Zero its attack frame. Test it so it doesn't crash/lock-up the game.

Actually you don't need the FRIEND bit if you can exploit monster infighting.

hey do you have msn?

Craigs said:

Just use Dehacked or Decorate.

look im a really big noob to this "making weapons" thing and i have no idea what dehacked or decorate is.

Shadow Dweller said:

as far as i know, they are programs that allow you to design and edit doom weapondry.

wow, i didnt know that. (sarcasem)

seriously, if no one can figure that out on their first day, then they seriously need to re-think what they r doing.

Dehacked is a program that allow to hack the DOOM/2 exe files. To modify ammo, once running the program type F5 there you can edit the ammo number, for example you can give the chaingun to use shells ammo, the BFG rockets or bullets, but still shoot the BFG ball, and all kind of combinations (even all weapons use the same ammo), but adding new ammo type, that's the limitation in dehacked.
Once ready save as a .deh file
Run your port like this

Myport.exe -deh myfile.deh

Decorate it's more complicated I really don't suggest to start with it until you're used to Dehacked.

Why dont you do some research into things, like using google and the zdoom editing docs (for DECORATE, which is Zdoom only and wont work by dragging and dropping into Doom95) instead of expecting us to tell you everything step by step?

Also why not just make some maps with no modifications at all first, to get started, and THEN LATER try editing monsters and guns and that

deathbringer said:

Why dont you do some research into things, like using google and the zdoom editing docs (for DECORATE, which is Zdoom only and wont work by dragging and dropping into Doom95) instead of expecting us to tell you everything step by step?

cause its easier and faster :)

Vegeta said:

Dehacked is a program that allow to hack the DOOM/2 exe files. To modify ammo, once running the program type F5 there you can edit the ammo number, for example you can give the chaingun to use shells ammo, the BFG rockets or bullets, but still shoot the BFG ball, and all kind of combinations (even all weapons use the same ammo), but adding new ammo type, that's the limitation in dehacked.
Once ready save as a .deh file
Run your port like this

Myport.exe -deh myfile.deh

Decorate it's more complicated I really don't suggest to start with it until you're used to Dehacked.

ok here comes a stupid question but, where do i get dehacked?