Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leileilol

Drivers you wish existed

gee, i wish an OPL2/3 fm software synth driver for Windows 9x / 2k / xp / xp64 existed. How come there's one for mt32 and none for this? >:( JERKS. And i don't mean adplug.

also a powervr sgl api opengl wrapper so I can uh, run powervr sgl games

HP Laserjet 3100 printer driver for linux. Right now, I just have a big paperweight.

Drivers for HP anything that actually work like they are supposed to and dont randomly fuck up.
Drivers for the original Creative Jukebox (6gb) that dont assume it is the newer Nomad simply because you are using Windows XP and as you have a new operating system you MUST have a new MP3 player too, and not the old version.
Driver for the Wacom Graphire tablet that make the "stylus pressure" option in Photoshop work, it suddenly stopped (in the middle of drawing some hentai, i never finished that picture) and NO AMOUNT of uninstalls or re-installs of both the OS or Tablet drivers solved the problem, the option just ceased to exist

deathbringer said:

it suddenly stopped (in the middle of drawing some hentai ...)

I don't blame it for stopping.

How about something that directly burns .OGM onto DVD's with subtitle and audio streams intact?

a SATA driver for the Vista beta (fucker won't work on my machine...)

a driver which allowed a virtual cdr drive to be created on your system which any program could recognize as a cdr drive and allow you to "burn" stuff to it and once the data arrived at the virtual drive it would be instead added into an iso on your harddrive and not burned

insertwackynamehere said:

a driver which allowed a virtual cdr drive to be created on your system which any program could recognize as a cdr drive and allow you to "burn" stuff to it and once the data arrived at the virtual drive it would be instead added into an iso on your harddrive and not burned

Most proper burning software has the "Write to Image" feature, you know.

Drivers for a USB Sandwich Press, right now I just have a big paperweight.

leileilol said:

Most proper burning software has the "Write to Image" feature, you know.

I know but what I need is something that tricks ANY program that burns CDs into thinking a CDR exists when the CDR is actually just a program that takes the data and makes in ISO instead of a cd.

Its for itunes, so I can "burn" audio cds to an iso without using real discs. Why? Because burning audio cds of itunes music store music strips the drm and the songs can be reripped off in any format you like, unprotected :P

3dfx Voodoo 2 drivers that aren't confusing as all hell to install. And I concur with leileilol about a good OPL emulation driver.

I also concur about an opl driver. GS Wavetable is the biggest piece of shit ever.

MasterOfPuppets said:

ATI Catalyst drivers that work.

And on Linux.

WildWeasel said:

3dfx Voodoo 2 drivers that aren't confusing as all hell to install.

What's wrong with the Add New Hardware wizard? That's what I always did for mine.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't do that with Windows 95 unless you have the drivers.

insertwackynamehere said:

Its for itunes, so I can "burn" audio cds to an iso without using real discs.

Sorry to tell you, but that is impossible. ISO files do not hold audio data.

A CD consists of several tracks. On a normal audio CD, each track is a song you listen to. On a CDROM (data CD), there is one track which holds a filesystem that your computer can read. The filesystem used on CDROMs is called ISO9660. A .ISO file is a data track which can be burned to a disk. Because of this, it is impossible to create an ISO of an audio CD.

This is actually the reason that you can sometimes get copies of CDs in .bin/.cue format. This operates at a lower level than ISOs. Each .bin file is a CD track, and the .cue file specifies how the .bin files should be laid out on the disk.

WildWeasel said:

Unless I'm missing something, you can't do that with Windows 95 unless you have the drivers.

I always get to the "Have disk" part and do it from there.

fraggle said:

Sorry to tell you, but that is impossible. ISO files do not hold audio data.

A CD consists of several tracks. On a normal audio CD, each track is a song you listen to. On a CDROM (data CD), there is one track which holds a filesystem that your computer can read. The filesystem used on CDROMs is called ISO9660. A .ISO file is a data track which can be burned to a disk. Because of this, it is impossible to create an ISO of an audio CD.

This is actually the reason that you can sometimes get copies of CDs in .bin/.cue format. This operates at a lower level than ISOs. Each .bin file is a CD track, and the .cue file specifies how the .bin files should be laid out on the disk.

Heh, Ownt. Windows uses the extension .cda for CD Audio files, IIRC. It always annoyed me that CD audio for older games wouldnt rip right. :P

Wacky - Just buy a stack of blank CDs man, they're dirt fucking cheap anyway.

fraggle said:

Sorry to tell you, but that is impossible.

Not if you also give it the ability to create CUE/WAV files...

That way the toolchain could be iTunes -> (hypothetical virtual CD burner) -> foobar2000 -> whatever non-DRMed format you want. No need to waste CD-Rs or wait for a CD-RW to burn, and hope that in either case when you rip the disc that there's no errors...

Actually it would be nice if an OPL soundfont existed (though I've heard such a thing is impossible).

HobbsTiger1 said:

Actually it would be nice if an OPL soundfont existed (though I've heard such a thing is impossible).

IT IS POSSIBLE THEY JUST WONT DO IT

i would create an opl2 soundfont, if my sblive had audiohq in 64bit windows and vienna soundfont worked