• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Hi can someone make this level for me

deathz0r said:

Ok sure! Just give me a few days.

Doom is so burned into my head my thoughts usually have something to do with the game. Whether it be a level or environment or whatever. In fact a dream I had yesterday was about a "Deathmatch" level that I have never even seen. It was so vivid and detailed I will probably try to recreate it using a map editor. It had 3 ledges and a very high treehouse like area also. But describing it would take forever. What I can't do in real life, I try to do in Doom. Like if I walk by a small building I would recreate it as good as I could and then explore it. Go on the roof, under it, or even shoot at it. The fact is, I love that game and if others tell me "hey it's just a game" I say "okay I don't care."

25 things that make me different

1. My love for a computer game called Doom. Doom is such a big part of my life and no one I know can recreate environments in Doom as good as me. I know almost anything there is to know about that game, so I believe that seperates me from the rest of the world.

Anything huh. Well let me think here. How about a train of thought type writing. Maybe, oh I know, I needed to think about my latest Doom 2 level. It's called Tier 6 and, obviously, is the 6th level in this series. I have trouble making this one for some reason though. In the past I have been able to just go and create several rooms and hallways and secret rooms just off the kopf. But for some reason I can't for Tier 6. Maybe it's the fact that school is back in session and there is more on my mind now than there was during the summer when 1-5 were made. I keep making just plain, boring, empty rooms like I am a beginner. Just room after room of the same old stuff. There are a few places that are indeed good quality areas that look better than the original game, but I need to have the whole level like that. I am trying to go for a very tough, action packed, fast-pace level because I just saw "Saving Prvt. Ryan" again and I want to kind of recreate some of those scenes best I can. It's tough though... (no more time)

Doom is a first-person "shoot-em-up" style game. So basically, one runs around levels and shoots at monsters with military weaponry. To most people it may be just another silly computer game, but to me it is an outlet for my thoughts and dreams. I have mastered changing anything that is possible to change in that game, such as the speed of weapons, the strength and mass of monsters, the textures and colors used on the floors and walls, and greatest of all, the actual levels that are used. Several times I have dreamed of a place or area one night, and then thought about it for days and days. Then, I would recreate it in Doom using everything from places in outer space with burned-out floor lights and dusty computers to the darkest depths of the infernal regions with minotaurs and demons running at me from every dark and threatening corner. I have also created settings such as eras of ancient abandoned military installations deep in monster-infested forests with blood stained trees and unidentifiable mangled bodies covered with dead vines and others that portray to futuristic military bases on Mars overrun with zombies that lurk in every corner. These places may seem a bit on the violent side and, I assure you, some of them are. However, many times I have made levels with absolutely no monsters or guns in them. I have created worlds with beautiful, breath taking scenery that looks like something out of a science fiction movie, a fantasy movie, or even some "eldritch" from H.P. Lovecraft.

Now, I know that other people are just as creative or more creative than I am, but I believe that I will always be the best at Doom creativity. In this day and age it can be hard to find a skill that can be completely dominated and mastered or a skill that almost no one else has. That is why I choose a simple computer game to express my talents.

Damnit Bloodskull. Ling was going for a world record six posts in a row there, and YOU WENT AND BROKE IT.

Grazza said:

Damnit Bloodskull. Ling was going for a world record six posts in a row there, and YOU WENT AND BROKE IT.

/cry

This kind of makes me wish I didn't throw away my old binder full of about 40 maps.

Someone has already done your map, Linguica.

Get doom2.wad, and type idclev27.

Np :)

Lutarez said:

This kind of makes me wish I didn't throw away my old binder full of about 40 maps.

200+ sketches here :-\

Haha I thought I got it at first but then it was clinched with the "doom is a first person shootemup style game"

way to go Eric "Linguica" Harris ;)

Reading that PDF made me realize how much of a dumbass that kid was, I mean he was psycho but also just kinda stupid too. And he wrote a whole paper on how to decrease guns in schools :P

Naan said:

Someone has already done your map, Linguica.

Get doom2.wad, and type idclev27.

Np :)

I dont think you know exactally who you're talking to...

it's rants like your's that make doomworld great Ling.

Heh, did someone already remake his levels? After checking out that .pdf I was thinking about remaking them, all strung together in one large level. It's not meant to be some sort of monument. The guy was a narcissistic, sociopathic ass and not deserving of any accolades. Recreating those levels would be more for the sake of novelty.

Well, I'd be willing to translate them and hopefully improve them in the process. I do agree though, his maps were nothing to write home about. Though maybe at the time they weren't bad.

Is there any photo of this guy? BTW, how old was he on the moment we all know about?

Every so often Harris talk rolls around again. I actually played one of his maps, that UAC Labs or something? Just reading the textfile set off my alarms, kid's right fucked up.

**Nice drawing Linguica!!! :D :D Are those your SCHOOLMATES?? :D :D**

Psychoboy :p

Darkfyre said:

Just reading the textfile set off my alarms, kid's right fucked up.

I suggest that was only because you knew what he had gone on to do. I don't think there's really anything too out of the ordinary in his textfiles. (Yeah, someone's going to quote "blow you up and it will be cool" unless I mention it. But is that really too unusual in the context of game-related smack talk?)

Grazza said:

But is that really too unusual in the context of game-related smack talk?

I've never read a textfile with that neanderthalic mentality. But yes, I did read it after-the-fact. Still man, that's issues :p

I LOVE KILLING PEOPLE!

See? That will only have any significance if I actually kill someone one day.