Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Braveheart

I was always aware of the fact that this movie wasn't historically accurate, but I had no idea that it was basically a work of fiction inspired by history. Type Braveheart in the search field over at wikipedia and scroll down to historical accuracy.

Braveheart is about as factual as Pirates Of The Carribean. But it has gallons and gallons of blood and dismemberment, therefore it is good. Even if the bloke who did it is a crazy christian fundamentalist. Oddly he made a film about a hero who would have been Pagan. And was working on another about Boudicca, who would also have been Pagan, and many idiots would probably see a film about her as one glorifying terrorism

Braveheart is totally awesome, who cares if it's totaly inaccurate? :P It's a piece of entertainment, and doesn't claim to be factual or accurate.

deathbringer said:
Oddly he made a film about a hero who would have been Pagan.

I'd say he went more for the partiotic/familial elements; plus you can instill ideologies into anything, the raw subject notwithstanding. Was there anything really "pagan" in that movie?

Do you know how B AD it feels to sober up?!!!

But seriously, I doubt that anyone cares about the historical inacurracies. Everyopne just loves the movie for what it is. I say leave it as is.

My friend has forever ruined the ending of that movie for me. He pointed out to me that the actor playing Robert the Bruce throughout the entire movie has a perpetually confused expression on his face. See, it looks like deep introspection or conflicted inner turmoil at first glance, but when he said that, that's all I could see. So in the final scene after Wallace dies, when the sword gets thrown, and Robert the Bruce is just looking at it like he doesn't know what's going on, all I can do is break out laughing at one of the most powerful scenes in the movie.

I forever hate him for this (not really).

I just saw this movie a week ago on cable!

Robert the Bruce is definitely a rather funny character. He seems down most of the time and yes, he has that peculiar confused look too.

As for the historical inaccuracies? Who cares. It's showbiz as they always say. Would rather it be a dour film about how Wallace lost the battle of Falkirk? (Outgeneralled by Longshank so Wikipedia claimed)

Was Wallace Pagan? I'd think that would be a truism if his grandfather on his mother's side (the Crawford side - I only know this because I'm a Crawford and I researched my family background some) was more powerful than the Wallaces.

pilottobombadier said:

Was Wallace Pagan?

seeing as how the british isles were christian for something like 10 centuries it is highly unlikely that wallace was pagan. if he was a pagan then it would most likely have been in secret, since paganism was heretical, and we all know what happens to heretics.