Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Recreating DOOM RPG maps in the pc

I were looking at the rpg maps in the DOOM wiki, they seem to be large, but simple, probably I could rebuild the structures with a rate of, one or two days per map. My problem is the texturing work, as I don't have the game. If I do the structures, should someone do the texturing work for me? I know there's an emulator around there, but it should be a pain, much easier should be with the cell phone in hand and DB. For the textures I should use some base texture pack, or may be textures from DOOM 3.

It's rare but these comments gave me the last motivation I needed. Hopefuly with the maps finished someone will help, if not then I still find it worth. As they follow the 64x64 grid (with minor diagonal lines) it will be easier that what I though.
Yeah new things are allways cool, yet recreations of other DOOM version (DM 64, Nes, PSX, Game boy) maps is something that I find very atractive.

Edit: First map done!

At least make the 1337 map lol; Maybe once a couple maps are on the board, you could use it in zdoom so you can add the scientist npcs who say messages in text. 2c

kristus said:

People should stop wasting time and create new stuff instead.

Agreed, the maps wouldn't be very good anyways. Just because they were on the RPG version.

At the moment only maps, if motivation is with me I'll add other stuff. As I don't know about scripting (and too lazy to learn, plus don't have the game), if scripts are added they should be done by someone else (yet I'm more interested in recreating it as a standar fps).

BTW, second map finished, yay!

I decided to upload the maps as far as the structure is done, suggestions, indications, and constructive criticism is more than welcome, as practicaly I'm working blind, at the moment I'm only basing on this http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_RPG#Levels
Don't expect much, the structures are replicas of the original (unless I have interpreted bad the size of the grid), but nothing else, at the moment everything is textured with tekgreen, no doors, neither ambient decorations (it's a bit claustrophobic). I hope someone feels like placing the player start points in the proper place, same with keys and doors (that require keys).

Now I'd like to ask the best place to upload files (I heard that Fileshack isn't the best anymore), I don't have any problem to post some screenshots, but there's nothing worth to show at the moment.