Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bouncepogo

My new doom song

THis song is from DOom2. I think this song is your first song, isn't? Anyway, the song is well made and exotic. I think you can improve the song as well as possible.

The first riff is from doom 2, can't remember the name of the level - the one with loads of soldiers and the cyberdemon at the end. Then i play a derivative of that riff.then its into the first map of doom. Then a quick section from military base!

bouncepogo said:

The first riff is from doom 2, can't remember the name of the level - the one with loads of soldiers and the cyberdemon at the end.

The map is called refueling base (map10) or suburbs (map16) wich uses the same music.
The song isn't that bad, but I found the drums to be a bit weak!
Also the voice, that sounded more like a dying animal and the mixed in Doom sounds felt out of place IMO.
Not bad though...

Vader said:

Also the voice, that sounded more like a dying animal and the mixed in Doom sounds felt out of place IMO.

a) I have no good drum samples
b) My voice is fucking cool lol
c) If doom samples sound out of place in a doom song then there isn't much hope eh?

It sounds pretty cool -- the way The Demon's Dead (map10 and 16) would have sounded if it wasn't a midi. However, while The Demon's Dead sounded fine as the music in a game, I think the riff is a little too repetitive to play for a whole minute in a real song.

After you start making that noise at 1:04, though, I couldn't listen to it anymore, so I can't comment on the rest.

bouncepogo said:

b) My voice is fucking cool lol

No it isnt, I think I made those sounds once when I was vomitting blood.

But, the music aint too bad, a little basic though.

I think it's a well needed breakthrough for music, just a couple requests, though.

1. Lyrics?
2. Somewhere to download it from?

kthnx

That's the problem with death metal, you always need lyrics or otherwise you don't understand a thing. :p

The vocals aren't mixed well and are too muffled, that's probably the problem. The growls are pretty average and seem sorta strained imo.
Nice song though.

^ I'm not a singer i'm a guitarist so i do my best with vocals. Its all recorded through a shitty stock laptop sound card. So everything considered, the sound quality ain't too bad :P

Vader said:

The map is called refueling base (map10) or suburbs (map16) wich uses the same music.
Not bad though...

I think thaat he means grosse where is massive amount off SS guards and Cyberass