Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AirRaid

TMNT Teaser

There's a cool teaser up for the upcoming Turtles movie.

http://www.tmnt.com/

The models look pretty decent, if a little thin.

In other news, lets all wave our weapons around in an empty alley wooooo!

Intense. :D Though I agree that, compared to the old TMNT, they look a little thin, otherwise they look good to me. :D

Though I was expecting it, that last part with Mikey falling made me laugh a fair bit. :D

Cool.

I used to love turtles as a kid so I'll probably check this out no matter how bad it is. I think it looks OK. The real question is if it can beat the original, or hell, even 2.

Have we run out of ideas to the point we have to dig back up the turtles? Instead of early nineties slang surfer talker, they'll be trash talkers. It’ll be hard to justify such old lingo in today’s youth.

Dittohead said:

The real question is if it can beat the original, or hell, even 2.

Nothing beats a movie with a giant skate park/arcade run by a guy with a garbage bag draped behind him.

Actually, I have fond memories of the original trailer. It seemed serious, dark, BADASS. The movie didn't quite live up to that but aside from the "surfer talk" and burger king, the first tmnt was a pretty funny movie back when I was a kid.

I thought for a second it was a video game for like the 360 or something, 'cuz my initial thought was, "those graphics suck too much to be in a feature-length movie", but I was wrong.

It doesn't look like modeled CGI, it looks more like really high-end cel-shading, but yeah, the boys in green look way too...small. Anyway, Ghost in the Shell: Innocence is still the top for cel-shading.

Me was hoping for another live action flick, me was wrong. And in my opinion, the first TMNT movie is classic, the two other movies fail it. Well, the second one was okay.

They actually for the first time in the franchise ever, look like teenagers!

Oh, and I don't think it's cel shaded, I think it's just that crappy .mov format that movie studios insist on using for their trailers all the time.

Scuba Steve said:

That looks painfully bad.

Inspecter Gadget 2 (a direct to video release that somehow made it to wb's sunday movie thingy today) probably tops that award already.

Any new TMNT has to better then the third installment.

Does anyone remember the short lived live action TV series of the mid nineties? Shredder was a lizard guy and their was a girl turtle too.

i thought it looked better than most recent comicbook movies...
now if they stay close to the original book....

kristus said:

I think it's just that crappy .mov format that movie studios insist on using for their trailers all the time.

Yeah, because H.264/AVC is such an inferior video codec that is clearly light years behind MPEG-4 ASP.