Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Demon, second take

Nice, and heh, I smell King Kong inspiration. The only things is, though, will it look fine moving at the Demon's speed? If not, maybe you could use it as another monster, adding some form of attack from its mouth.

Speed looks ok to me; at least it ought to, with added animation.

Update: some animation has been added.

That's really pretty horrible - and I mean that in a good way. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to do with the attack frames.

Nice stuff, I think this has a much more Doom-style feel than the other cartoony demon that's in currently.

Which, in itself, is better/more appropriate than Ling's AOD skeleton that it replaced. I really like this new wormy looking thing. I'm not sure that it is desperately Doomy (it's not desperately un-Doomy either), but FreeDoom is starting to have a more cohesive feel of its own and this sprite fits in perfectly.

However, it'd be really nice to see some of the totally missing sprites making an appearance rather than existing ones getting redone. Unfortunately it would seem that those who can do such work are otherwise committed, or have different priorities, and those of us whose skills "fail it" couldn't do it even if we wanted to. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the "biggies" getting added to FreeDoom, if nothing else just to see how people are going to interpret them.

Yeah, I'd really like to see at least the entire set Doom 1 creatures implemented soon, I just wasn't going to say it here.

These particular sprites didn't require much work (one morning), so I don't think I'm wasting my time.

I have started work on the Cyberdemon also (two initial frames of rotation done), but finishing that one is going to take a loooong time.

Fredrik said:

so I don't think I'm wasting my time.

Nor do I. I like it.

Fredrik said:

I have started work on the Cyberdemon also (two initial frames of rotation done)

Yay! (any chance of a preview?)

Fredrik said:

but finishing that one is going to take a loooong time.

:(
Fair enough though.

Ohhhh! Very nice and again, very in keeping with that slightly different theme/look that FreeDoom seems to be heading towards. I like it.

I like them a lot, I didn't knew you are some kind of Nmn. I hope the people in charge of Freedoom get more flexible and let you replace the existing sprites with yours.

Now that I'm back, there's slow progress again. I've finished the last rotation of the walking animation; only the attack and pain frames remain now, as well as some polishing.

ooh!
good cyberdemon, I like that backbone and the horns around this arms.
didnt know there was someone working on this

keep up the good work! ;)

Well, here it finally is, demon.wad 1.0!

Yes, there are some noticeable flaws in the animation and the perspective rotation (though IMO it looks decent in-game as long as you don't freeze-frame it). But monster sprite-making gets exponentially more boring with each frame, so this level of quality is all I'm willing to do for now.