Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

World Trade Center

This thread IS about a movie right?

About that thermite thing, I can't say I believe it. Most probably being the work of conspiracy theorists (again). Yeah, and the url for the website pretty much discredited it from the start. And yes there's this:

"Experts who have viewed this photograph say that this column was not cut with a torch"

Now, back on topic... I'm MOST definitely not going to watch another Hollywood remake of yet another disaster. Pearl Harbour sucks, and Titanic wasn't actually much better.

XXoXX said:

"Experts who have viewed this photograph say that this column was not cut with a torch"

Meaning an oxyacetylene torch = was cut with thermite! tsk!

I'm currently agnostic about the 9/11 conspiracy stuff. It looks like at the very least there were people in the US with clear foreknowledge who didn't do anything, and I guess people within the US power structures might have had a hand in it too. It certainly came at a very convenient time for the current administration.

There's a lot of unresolved issues about that day, that much is certain.

The only thing I get worked up about is how "conspiracy theory" has become such a bad word, to the point where believers defend themselves with "but no, no, what i'm saying is not a conspiracy theory..." Well shit, of course it is!

Troughout history, people in power have always conspired against the masses who put them there. Sometimes small-scale, sometimes big. Pretending like there's no such thing as a government conspiring against its people is like putting your fingers in your ears and going "la la la".

Think about this: if an event similar to 9/11 had happened in, say, Russia - and given Vlad Putin license to bomb the shit of out the Chechnyans, there'd be tons of respectable Americans ready to say it may have been a set-up by the Russians. But that kind of stuff could only happen over there, right? America's leadership is better than that... right? Those crazy tinfoil hatters.

Hell, I don't know. I wasn't there. Just don't automatically assume what you read in the newspapers is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And for the love of god, don't let it make you paranoid.

myk said:

The truth is hard to find, but lies are easier to spot, and while that may not lead you to the truth, it will create a void where truth may go instead.

There is a fine line between spotting a lie and presenting pure speculative view points that you percieve as a lie.

The film doesn't look particularly intriguing.I probably would have gone to see it if it was a critical film about the dichotomy between poor response of major government organizations (FAA, President, Pentagon) and the outstanding work of individuals doing their jobs (Air Traffic Controllers, Civil Servants).

Darkfyre said:

"Springtime for Osama"?

:)

Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and join the al Qaeda party!

Meh everything is always some kind of conspiracy, and of course Paramount isnt going to make a mainstream film about any conspiracies because they want people to see it and feel good and American because they want money, and America is based on freedom of speech and money and thus I see no problem with them creating the movie in the first place, yet I have doubts that I'll see it.

Ok, maybe they'll bring up the explosions, but I bet you none of the characters in the movie claim that it sounded (or looked for that matter) like a series (not just one but 3) of demolitions. Infact building seven was admitted to be demolished, by the very same guy that owned the other buildings.

Anyhow, it only happened like 5 years ago, why do we need a movie about it already?

Ralphis said:
There is a fine line between spotting a lie and presenting pure speculative view points that you percieve as a lie.

Yes, that is a good observation; hopefully that final phrase (more of a point closing synthesis of the post) didn't work against the post; that to a degree one can observe intentionality and fabrication (whether clearly dishonest or not) in what's said and presented in the media and elsewhere by relating the available data.

XDelusion said:
but I bet you none of the characters in the movie claim

With any luck the movie won't fall so low that the characters will be explaining the events for us.

Who better than to describe what they saw than those who were there to see?

There's just something about the Tell-Lie-Vision I don't trust, I'd rather wade through a mile of conflicting witness testimonies than wade through an inch of TV bull.

I know it's not just me, but that stachey just looks totally silly on Cagey. :D I haven't seen a more fake looking mustache since I made one out of paper for my Mario costume. :D From the footage I've seen it looks like it's constantly crooked or about to fall off. :D It makes me giggle. :D

I don't think I'll go see the movie though. I'm not much of a go-out-to-see-movies person. :D I think the last movie I "had" to see in theatres was Pokémon: The First Movie. And boy was I right. :D

That won't be till they make a crap remake of this film...

...which in itself will apparently be crap too.

The fact that anyone would want to attempt to make a profit off these series of events is sickening to me. Hollywood should be ashamed of themselves...

fraggle said:

The only thing more retarded than a WTC film is WTC conspiracy theories.

Agreed. I hope they were only kidding about that conspiracy shit. Someone post me 1 single link that presents serious evidence that anything, but hyjacked planes caused any 4 of these events (Tower 1 collapse, Tower2 collapse, Pentagon crash, crash of flight 93) I will jump onboard. otherwise...

dher5500 said:
The fact that anyone would want to attempt to make a profit off these series of events is sickening to me.

Without counting any sort of entertainment or other media initiatives, the attempts to make profit from the ordeal have been many and often huge. It could, also, even be the main point behind the whole thing.

Don't forget dubious insider trading prior to the attacks, WTC black boxes that were recovered without any media coverage, unprecedented lack of military response (clueless fighter jets), simultaneous hijack wargames on 9/11 confusing the FAA, people losing limbs from unexplained secondary explosions in the WTC basement (again, no media coverage), the weird collapses of WTC 1 & 2, etc, etc.

These are all strange aspects to the story that deserve looking into. Besides, you can make a good case for conspiracy even without speculating about the physical evidence.

Conspiracy theories aren't crazy or retarded. They're fun and interesting and might lead to positive changes when respectable, intelligent people approach them in a sensible way. Tinfoil hatters = bad. Physics engineers who are critical of government reports = good. It doesn't have to be a Paranoids vs Skeptics insult match, y'all.

I can't find any good reason why they should make this movie, to tell the story what happend on 9/11.
Im not gonna see this movie this is just wrong they shouldn't have done this.

What if they catch Osama bin laden will that be the end, no you can't stop terrorism there will be someone else to take his place eventually.

Well, neither does the FBI really seem to picture him behind the WTC extravaganza, for that matter.

Maybe now they're on the track of the actual perpetrators instead, and will henceforth abstain from attacking those they don't have proof against, or the armed forces associated to them will quit bombing the Hell out of countries where these people who they don't have proof against are passing through, or attacking and occupying other countries where such people are in any case practically seen as enemies or rivals.

VileSlay: I am aware of this fact, but then why not just make a movie about FACT, FACT is so much stranger and facisnating than that lame piece of fiction!

911 Conspiracy Critics:

http://www.911physics.co.nr/

For anyone looking for some creepy evidence to the contrary of the official reports, please rent or download

In Place Site Dirctor's Cut:

http://www.911inplanesite.com/

This video in itself does a pretty good job at bringing up some very good points.

Of course if any of you even bothered to record the news when the actual event occured, you could EASILY see how much the official story had changed, even within the 1st few days.

As an example:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37274

Of course if you are going to be bull headed sceptic, then doubt will never enter your mind, but then again if you choose not to be the main stream's little lamb, then you may find yourself quesitoning.
Doing a little outside research of your own, starting with the construction of Britian's W.O.M.D's years ago, and the "white" legacy since, would *******ly be an eye opener. If you size up conspiracy theory to High School or Movie educated History, then NOTHING is going to make sence, but if you go back and read the document's from the evil men's mouths and what not, then everything will become a lot clearer.

It all depends upon the person, and a lot of all this depends upon wheather a person feels that the Natives of this land were further advanced than us. If you feel NOT, then I'm sure you'll continue to suck the teet of the main stream and wallow in your own self worthyness.

I'd highly suggest these two films as well, infact I'd watch the Waco one before you bother with ANYTHING else. Hear it straight from Congress' mouth for Christ's sake if that's what it takes damn! (Ironaically Congress sent no one to prison).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DIJOO/sr=8-1/qid=1153684283/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-3503290-4552837?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Then there is this:

http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/C/crazy_rulers/

Sounds cooky, but this 3 part film is AMAZING, if you pay attention that is, I just expect much from a Ritalin nation.