Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dutch Doomer

Can you beat this map on your first try?

Screens:

Its an map ive made from Beanenator his map im sure he doesn't mind me using his map as an base to work from.
Well there isn't much left from the original altough some areas still look a bit like the original.
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37572

This map took me about 8 hours or so nothing really special its quite tough on UV so watch your step.
Text file included with the download, dunno if im going to upload this probably not cause its not really my map.
http://rapidshare.de/files/26773359/Traps.zip.html

I think you wanted to ask: "Can you beat this map playing it the first time without dying?" Well, I died a few times, Zdoom's weird controls must have added to that, so I'll sue you for not checking if it's playable with Boom :)

Once you're familiar with the map, it's pretty easy, really.

I did beat this map on my first go, it really wasn't that hard. It is indeed a shock fight map; after you play it once or twice it becomes quite an easy map to play.

The best fights were, of course, the green armour fight, and the fight at the end. The Caco/PE/Revenant fight was really gay, I got lucky the first time, and the second time I sped out like my ass was on fire, but I can see someone getting fatally stuck no matter which way they go, forward or back. Also, I completely skipped the archie fight my first go, I only did it on my second go because I figured that was the reason I didn't have max kills.

Not a bad map for 8 hours. :)

Heh yeah I beat it first try. My health was down to 20% a few times, so it wasn't omg easy, but it was fun, which is the important part.

some parts you added seem like stuff i had rencently added to the map like the cross rooms blue floor.
quite a bit is still there a lot more detail.

And i did something right, and yeah some area look kinda like it

I hope you like this one im going to relese the final orginal version soon.
i might relesed this with the orignal i might work something out with you dutch.

i could make it harder no wait it was harder, two invisble hell knights waiting for you at the begging back at the start of the maps proudtion.

Dutchs version changes.
some enemys are changed placed in differnt spots
more deatiled.
more to list

All the traps are intact a couple where added
like the imps at the end.

Both version are fun in my opinon.
And yes Im being Biased

@Beanenator you have my permission to do whatever you want with this map :)
If you want to release this or use it for your another project please go ahead.

Im not sure what Biased means I hope its a good thing and now im gone for two weeks to Italy.
See ya people.

Actually, that was pretty easy IMO. :) I got through it on UV on first try, and at worst had "only" 67 life (the plasma-trap).

Fun little map, but not hard on UV. I never died, never saved, finished with 100% kills, items, and secrets in 8:44. I had 100% health when done 182% armor, around 100 plasma cells, around 32 shells, 4 rockets, and I'm not sure how many bullets. Basically you just have to move slow, and be ready for enemies to jump out. I think the worst I was at was 40, because I was expecting a demon and got a shotgun guy. Still a fun level, it could just be more difficult :-) The archie was a cakewalk with the plasma rifle, and I killed the two revenants by sniping with my chaingun. It could use a few more hell knights, and a few barons before the ones at the end. A bit less ammo would make it harder, maybe get rid of some of the cells. And the rocket launcher was pretty much pointless, as I had more than enough shells for the barons. But I tend to stay away from launchers anyways, usually do more damage to myself. But still, a fun little way to spend 5-10 minutes!