Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, I've been playing Doom and user made levels for quite awhile but have never released any of my own. Except now I am planning on releasing some wads. The one I plan to release first is called Blue Doom. Its a 7 level set for vanilla doom based around a blue theme. Each level is gonna be short and has only 1 key in it- the blue key. Its super gimmicky I know but I thought it'd be interesting to try and do. Especially with the limited amount of textures containing the color blue in it... hope you guys don't hate water.

Umm screens of the first level...

Hopefully its not terrible. Still working on it. I don't have a release date planned because my life has kinda been shitty and unpredictable lately. So far level one is nearly complete and the other levels are planned out.

I've got a little geoshitties site
geocities.com/rak41588

Looks great so far. :) Just make sure you change the sky to blue, or else...

Advanced source ports could really add to the atmosphere. Think about colored lights and other effects. Not to talk about recoloring a few monsters ;)

I know it's vanilla, though, and don't have anything against it. Good luck with whatever you'll come up with.

Just a random thought, but I think it could be interesting to have some kind of progressing color theme. Think about a rainbow: First level cold blue, last level hellish red.

hmmmm...i thought your textures looked fine...i mean, it looks like you have a style....

glad to hear some good replies, I'll reply to some of the stuff:

I like the idea of adding a blue sky, I was thinking of doing it before and now I think I'll do it.

I'm not sure which textures I need to align.. if you could tell me which screens I need to fix I'd be glad to. I've been trying to keep textures lined the way I wanted them, but I like improvement as well.

I had considered doing a 'Rainbow' Doom style thing, but decided not to. I think its a cool idea, but just not what I have in mind.

Didn't know that had been done before. Actually, AV is one of the big megawads I've not yet played.

Anyway, it was just a random idea that this brought to my mind. I wasn't asking you to change the theme.

Here's the thing: lighting. You need better lighting effects and contrasts, or else it looks like a power plant that has no power. Unless that's what you're going for. Which could be good, I admit. Oh, and blue sky also. I really wish I had that zip file with 30 skies in it Doomboy gave me, I'd love to pass that on. I gotta keep hunting my other computers.

Looks excellent! like a modern version of "Lord Of The Flies", which was a pretty crazy old wad with a water/grey/metal theme. (and some mad dehacked work, when you killed the shotguns guys an angel rose from thier body and carried on attacking you!)

wow... better reception than expected.

Actually I've never gotten to play ALien Vendetta, but I had a feeling there'd be wads or people with a similar concept.

I'm gonna be on vacation next week, so work on the levels won't increase a great amount, I dunno when I'll get screens up again, its a long process for me to get screens up cuz the computer I am using to make the levels doesn't have internet access.

AV map31 (Killer colours)’s first part is completely blue and in a different style. It looks more like Quake’s map Azure Agony.

I made some blue zombies, hope you don't mind using them :P

Also, I could recolor some textures for you.

the chaingunner's between shots, it really does have a cool blue muzzleflash :p

The files

I hope you use them :)

Im not to good on sprite work myself this is what I have made in the past, just recolors nothing more they are fully framed.

back from vacation.

thanks to those willing to help. I'm trying to decide on those blue zombies I got from medic dude.

and dutch devil, thanks for the offer, but if I do use medic's stuff, I want to try to keep the project small scale.

I'm glad the screens were taken so well, I just hope it uh lives up now...

Russkie said:

back from vacation.

thanks to those willing to help. I'm trying to decide on those blue zombies I got from medic dude.

and dutch devil, thanks for the offer, but if I do use medic's stuff, I want to try to keep the project small scale.

I'm glad the screens were taken so well, I just hope it uh lives up now...

I think you should go with Dutch Devil's offer instead man. Those blue zombie dudes looks like something MedicDude threw together in 5 seconds.

Do what you want the sprites are yours if you decide to use them.
If you rather use medicdude his work then I say go for it :)

Nice work. At least you have a set theme. My projects often suffer from a lack of continuity. *sigh*

medicdude said:

It would have taken five seconds if I had leet skills yet, but I don't. It actually took a while.

I think what Craigs meant is that they look a bit odd with blue eyes and mouths the way they are.

Yeah, the eyes of the chaingunners are really fucked up. His right eye is leaking blue stuff and he has a really retarded blue beard. Part of the flame from his chaingun is blue too which is kinda cheesey. I think you should just make his armor blue instead.

The map itself seems pretty promising. My only suggestion is that you use more texture variation. It looks like you only used that gray, silver, and shawn textures along with an occasional blue texture.
In the first screen shot, that blue cross seems EXTREMELY out of place. Since you're doing a tekbase theme, you should probably try to avoid stuff like that. You should also take Kristus's advice and align some of those textures.

Overall, I'm seeing a lot of creativity in both the theme and the level design.
I'm really looking foward to playing this. :)

The sky could be blue. Thats all i really have to say.
I too. Am looking foward to this one. =D

I was thinking the blue starry sky from GothicDM would look nice.

if someone could make me a blue sky or point me to one I can use, that'd be appreciated.

some of the textures that are not aligned in the screen shots have been fixed, but since the computer with the levels and editor are not connected to internet, I can't update them. Some of the textures are purposefully aligned a bit differently.

thanks for the advice. The first level is quick, so hopefully the the lack of vatiety in textures will not feel redundant as it's played through. The next couple levels will have more variety.

the crosses have kinda grown on me... i'll see if I can think of something to replace them.