Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gokuma

I always thought the US lead the world in this...

Then looking through this I thought damn the UK is looking pretty bad and may have the US beat due to their longer history of existance... but nah....

USA USA USA!!

We obviously need to ship in more killers for our team like we do for sports.

While the US leads the world in quantity, Hungary may have be leading in quality. They had a guy right up there with Dick Cheney, that although not responsible for nearly as much death, took a more direct roll in it. Oh and they had a guy that pickled his victims and also Bathory, freaking Bathory mofos!

Gokuma said:
I thought damn the UK is looking pretty bad and may have the US beat due to their longer history of existance

At the same time the US population is bigger, and the phenomenon, while as old as humanity, has been defined clearly only recently, as a private modern-style individual who kills for personal, mostly intimate, reasons. People who kill from "official" positions are generally not called serail killers yet in many cases act very similarly but promote their peculiar homicidal tendencies to social practices (like genocide, systematic violence, or torture during dictatorships, invasions or tightening power). So perhaps the UK and the USA have a type of culture that tends to make their violence serial-killerish, or at least to look at it that way. Take into account, as well, that this is the English Wikipedia, so it's biased towards Anglo-centric accounts.

As for quality, there are some candidates there; an example. Plus Bathory may have been framed.

I recently got this book about Bathory called the Blood Countess for a $ at a thrift shop. I'll let you know what I think if I get around to reading it anytime soon.

EDIT: eh, it's listed as fiction.

That's some pretty....distrubing stats. I'm gonna sleep in a locked room for the night....

A list of serial killers, eh? This gives me an idea for a flash movie...

Lizardcommando travels through time to kill these monsters from commiting their crimes!

Ehh... actually, don't hold your breathe for this to happen...

Seriously, did you see the Hungarian train wreck guy on the list? I just immediately thought, "Holy shit, must be a relative of Dick Cheney!"

XDelusion said:

What exactly separates the two besides land mass?

The atlantic ocean

XDelusion said:

What is the difference between the US and the UK again?

There are things called culture and people and environment and government and..ah screw it, if you don't get the point you arent going to

I don't think you guys get my meaning.

America was found to escape Europe, yet if you look around, America has become very European. We got courts with dudes who rule from the bench (bank), they were black robes, used to wear white wigs...

...how come we are so European when we were escaping Europe, how come the same "white" culture spread over hear, when the people were supposed to be escaping that?

Also why is all the gold from Fort Knox now in Britian?

I don't think you guys get my meaning.

Perhaps of you learned how to convey things we would get your meaning the first time.

America was found to escape Europe, yet if you look around, America has become very European. We got courts with dudes who rule from the bench (bank), they were black robes, used to wear white wigs...

These strange people, they are called judges, and they exist in countries outside of the United States and European countries as well.

...how come we are so European when we were escaping Europe, how come the same "white" culture spread over hear, when the people were supposed to be escaping that?

For the love of all things sacred read a history book.

Also why is all the gold from Fort Knox now in Britian?

Do you believe everything that has the header of conspiracy by default or what the fuck?

No it's called records, and yes I have read history and know the answers to these very important questions.

My native cutlure has been destroyed and replaced.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Do you believe everything that has the header of conspiracy by default or what the fuck?

I've been wanting to say the same thing in about 3 threads this month. Tinfoilhatworld?

About the topic at hand: Yes, US leads the world in Serial killers, as also it does many other things not even related to crime. One would expect many serial killers when the country is massive, with such a large group of people living there!

Ed Gein. Only Wisconsin and that old time religion could produce a super star like him.

baronofhell said:

USA, home of LEATHERFACE.

If you want to get fictional (though Leatherface is based on Ed Gein), Hungay has Keyser Söze (who is actually inspired by murderer John List).

Harold Shipman > All Comers

Of course, all he did was "put them to sleep", much like a vet would with an old dog. But for sick torture and torment Fred and Rosemary West must be pretty far up there.