Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nategorga

Wacky Weapons

I have my first Weapon Mod! Well, its not complete, but this is the first time that its good enough to reveal to the public.

Anyways, here's what I did:
Replacements:

Fists - Drumstick
Chainsaw - Scalding Paperclip
Pistol - Silly String Wad Can
Shotgun - Pokeball Gun
SSG - I didn't do anything with this.
Chaingun - Strobe Bulb
Rocket Launcher - Explosive Ice Cube Launcher
Plasma Rifle - Kidney Launcher
BFG - Zeeky Cannon

The reason everthing looks so... weird, is because thats the purpose of the WAD.

Also, I dont plan on doing anything to the SSG.

All I have left to do is the sound, which I'll do soon.

And last but not least, the download link: http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=files/290706/1154130713/wacky.zip

What?
That means you dont like it right?
*sniffle*
At first I thought it said Scary. But, it said sorry.

What did you expect people to think of this wad? Calling it "wacky" isn't a substitute for something to be tacky and dumb.

If you're drawing in MS-Paint and you're trying to go for that cartoony look, at least try and put some effort into it.

Sorry.

nategorga said:

but this is the first time that its good enough to reveal to the public.

*lol*

Also, you need to fix the alignment of the "ice cubes" they are off centered and they explode long before they hit. that is IF your going to try and make this better.

First of all, MSpaint is not good for making weapons. Try adobe photoshop instead.
Second of all, it looks like you drew all these in a hurry. There's no effort or detail in any of the weapons.

You don't necessarily have to use Photoshop or Paintshop Pro to make graphics for Doom. I've seen wads with stuff made from MS-Paint and some of the stuff were actually decent.

Weren't some of the weapons from Ghostbusters Doom made in MS-Paint?

Lizardcommando said:

If you're drawing in MS-Paint and you're trying to go for that cartoony look, at least try and put some effort into it.

Sorry.

lizardwar \m/

yeah, this needs some redoing, badly.

Another joke wad gone wrong. They aren't easy to do, are they?

i love all of your artwork. i am not being sarcastic. simple things like this are great.

I made something like this once. The weapons i made where...

Pistol: "Hit, Miss or Maybe" gun, based on the MST3K version of "Space Mutiny" where they say "They shouldnt have set thier lasers to miss"

Shotgun: Something stupid

SSG: Pot noodle

Chaingun: "Oversized gun", a shittily-drawn heavy machine gun with a huge MS Spraypaint flare

Rocket Launcher: Vyvian launcher, shot the punk from the TV show "The Young Ones". Looked like a grey box with "V" on it.

Plasma Gun: Tesla coil off C&C held like a gun, and badly drawn

BFG: "Orange Alert" gun, shot the big bouncy ball from the TV show "The Prisoner"

It was shit and unfunny and got lost in a crash. Luckily.

Mmm, the bludgeoning comments must hurt, yes? Don't get 'down' though, this is how you become better. I wish for most people that their case did not involve 4-letter words being shot at them... however, 'tis is how we all must grow as DooMers... or something like that.

Heck, I remember one wad I released - started with a 'P' ended with a 'K' and just be thankful that your joke weapons arn't uploaded already to the archives, yes?

Anyway, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet, I'm drunk and really have nothing else to add. I may possibly edit this tomorrow morning if it makes absolutely no sense... ah well, keep making weapons, they'll turn out good in the end.

I don't know why. I mean I REALLY don't know why. All the above criticsm is pretty spot on and there is a lot that could be done to improve this but so help me if I didn't find it quite good fun. O_O

yea good point enjay, that should be the main priority. i don't think anybody would mind the graphics like 15 yrs ago, i still play stuff that old and its way fun. depends if the dude's going for looks or fun

I don't know why this got slagged off so badly. I personally liked the drumstick (though it looks more like a mic) and the strobebulb. With some reworking, this could be fun. I do agree that a good portion of the graphics could do with improvement, and as was said before, fix the alignments, especially on weapons 4, 5, and 6, and 7 to an extent. Also, do something with the plasma explosions for weapon 6, as they don't quite seem to blend right now, and maybe make some graphics for the bullets of weapons 2-4, especially weapon 2. I want to see silly string, dammit! As for the chainsaw replacement, that definitely needs more work, and the BFG replacement needs some more fine-tuning.

In conclusion, I give this weapon replacement it's well deserved rating of has potential, but definitely not ready yet.