Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XDelusion

What makes a cult a cult?

My question: What makes a cult a cult, a nation a nation, a religion a religion, a business a business, a club a club, and so on and so forth.

Are not all groups cooky in there own way, don't all groups engage in there own cult like activities?

I don't see how killing someone because you label there activies as being cultic can be justified.

I mean what exactly is your reason to put up with the fact that they pumped lethal injection serum into the Waco building, caused children to suffocate, go into convulsions till there backs and limbs bent backwards, killed off adults, old people, mothers.

For what, acting on a hunch that they were going to take over the world from there little "church" in Waco.

Oh, David was sleeping with teenage girls. For 1, it was under the parent's concent so it is legal. For a second, I have yet to meet one typical american male who can't let a teen girl walk by without having to make a sexual comment. That is called reversed racism, even though were are not dealing with race, America of hypocrisy.

Another thing, if you want to say they had illegal arms. Well first off, who is to say what arms are legal or not? Oh ya, the guys with all the WOMD's. RIGHT!
Either way, it was never proved that they had illegal weapons, when evidence was requested before congress, it took them forever to present something, and when they did they simply took a normal gun, modified it a bit, and said it belonged to the convent.

Something else that was interesting was the fact that all of the ATF was acting like a bunch of jocks on the night of the big game. They were not only shooting the hell out of innocent people who's life style just happened to be differnet (closer to God) than there own consumer materialistic, impulse driven life style, but also decided to moon them, make MANY false claims that the dividians were the one's doing most of the assaulting (99% of the bullet holes were going into the building and not out), they mooned the people, the FBI had them perform some of our military experiments on them, such as playing loud obnoxious American toons about wiping them out, blasting strange sounds of pigs, dogs, sheep, and horses, etc.
Um...

This is all on tape, as presented before congress.

Welcome to Satanism 101.

Hasselhoff, heh. More like Icke.

Post separated from WTC movie thread.

Please make new threads to flesh out secondary and only vaguely related subjects in depth, and use quotes for clarity on who you're talking to and what you're referring to.

XDelusion said:

That is called reversed racism, even though were are not dealing with race, America of hypocrisy.

No, it isn't. Reverse racism isn't really even a logical term. Racism is racism if there is discrimination based on race. Second of all, what the fuck does the fact that teenage boys think about teenage girls sexualy have anything to do with hypocrisy?

What makes a cult a cult? Destruction of individuality, manipulation.

Well nations, religions, and businesses can all fit that same definition.

Shadow Dweller said:

the guy (wearing blue shirt) behind Capt. Picard looks like he's about to die laughing.

Captain Jean Luke Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise. Captain Jean Luke Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

He must have beared witness to a public vehicular display of the song by me and some friends.

Also, I heard Hasslehoff was actually working on a rap album with help from Ice Tea or someone and his rapper name was actually going to be Hassle the Hoff.

OH, I got my own thread, thankx Myk, that makes things a little confusing but, it works.

Anyhow...

Quast- Reversed racism or sexism or what ever. Here is an example:

A girl grows up in a male dominant culture, and she gets sick of the typical redneck male mentality of her area, and she hates how all the males expect her to be the hand maid.
As a responce, she developes another ignorance that assumes all males are dumb.
yes it is still sexism, but it is sexism that grew in responce to sexism, hence the term.

We always go to extemes, always neglect the calm of the center.

So what is a cult then? American Nationalism?

I tend to think so.

Okay, your first post confused me a bit, but here's my response to what I think you mean.

A cult is a group, created by a person or leader, for the sole purpose of giving the leader (or leaders) full, unlimited power over the rest of the group. The group was created with the intent to manipulate others. Generally, cults appeal to people who feel broken down and lost by creating stories that attempt to describe a philosophy of life. This philosophy is generally not believed by the leaders and is simply used to attract people, with the exception that there are times the leader actually creates a life philosophy/religion that he believes because he is just as lost as his followers (with the exception that he feels that he should be in control and becomes a leader, not a follower). Generally, unless as I said before the leader believes what he is saying, the leaders use thier minions as a source of income (cults take peoples money, and is thier main purpose of existance) and as a source of power. The leaders who are in thier delusions as deep as the group, on the other hand, use the group (and themselves) to carry out thier plans.

Now a lot of people like to say "well isnt a religion a cult? What's the difference?" The main difference is that the majority of world religions have been around for hundreds of years and people follow them out of tradition and belief. Thats not to say someone can't come out with thier own new life philosophies, but for the most part, when people do this they are simply doing it to either swindle people or lead people on a crazy path that can be harmful to themselves and those around them.

Finally, your statement on women. If a sexually attractive female walks by a heterosexual male, it will be recognized. If an attractive adolescent female walks by an adolescent heterosexual male, the male and his peers may talk about her amongst themselves and it would be completly normal. However if an attractive adolescent female walks by a heterosexual male whos 10-20 years older than her (at least), if the heterosexual male and his peers discuss the girl amongst themselves it is sort of weird and if they say anything directly to her it is very weird. On a social level it's unaccepted (and for a good reason) and on a science level it's also pretty off base.

XDelusion said:

I tend to think so.

Now just wait a minute.

I found these two quotes about cults on wikiquote:

"A cult is a religion with no political power." - Thomas Wolfe

"What is a cult? It just means not enough people to make a minority." - Robert Altman

This "cult" holds a majority of Americans, and has political power. Cults are mostly "faddish" in nature, and since nationalism isn't anything new in America, we can safely say it's a part of the culture.

Nationalism isn't anything dangerous, but conservatives have used it to their advantage over the years.

Actually this thread was supposed to be part of another thread and a reply to someone, but Myk moved it, now everyone is even more confused. :)

Anyhow, the point I was trying to make, and which you just made is that cult is only a word made up as a bad label to slap onto a group that does not conform to there own belief system.

As for the whole sex thing. My point was about the irony of the whole Wacco deal.

A lot of people used the fact that David slept with teen girls as an excuse for what the FBI did, but what they fail to contemplate is that the FBI's actions killed the children inside the building.
Secondly, if you get a chance to encounter your typical middle American male, they will themselves talk about how much they want to bag this and that young teenage girl.
So my question to that is,"what makes David so bad if he did something that most American males talk and dream of"?
Not saying I support sex with teen girls, yes they are cute, but they are skinny and annoying, I prefer a woman myself, but David did have parental concent, and secondly he didn't appear to be a sexual deviant, he merely thought God was talking to him and telling him to breed the new 12 tribes, which is no more crazy than say...

... A global society based upon capitalism where money and property are held at higher value than human rights and Natural Law.
Or say a country that invades another county assuming that if they kill enough people, they will eventually erase terrism from the face of the globe, as opposed to say....

...finding out what makes so many people pissed at the White Man's systems in the first place.

XDelusion said:

I tend to think so.

Just because you don't like it, expanding the definition of a word that descibes groups of people the status-quo dislikes doesn't make it so.

Nationalism is, at best, an fairly unorganized phenomena born out of pride. It's not so much a movement as a state of mind maybe held by what amounts to a minority of the populace, in the US anyway. Only a truly charismatic person could manipulate and use this midset towards terrible ends. I'm not going to go there, but I will say that Bush ain't it.

I have to ask though, why just US nationalism? Are there not people the world over proud to be citizens of wherever they are from? You can bet your ass there are. And they all show it in the same way, by waving flags and shouting slogans. For the most part there isn't anything wrong with that.

XDelusion said:

Oh, David was sleeping with teenage girls. For 1, it was under the parent's concent so it is legal. For a second, I have yet to meet one typical american male who can't let a teen girl walk by without having to make a sexual comment. That is called reversed racism, even though were are not dealing with race, America of hypocrisy.

Another thing, if you want to say they had illegal arms. Well first off, who is to say what arms are legal or not? Oh ya, the guys with all the WOMD's. RIGHT!
Either way, it was never proved that they had illegal weapons, when evidence was requested before congress, it took them forever to present something, and when they did they simply took a normal gun, modified it a bit, and said it belonged to the convent.

Something else that was interesting was the fact that all of the ATF was acting like a bunch of jocks on the night of the big game. They were not only shooting the hell out of innocent people who's life style just happened to be differnet (closer to God) than there own consumer materialistic, impulse driven life style, but also decided to moon them, make MANY false claims that the dividians were the one's doing most of the assaulting (99% of the bullet holes were going into the building and not out), they mooned the people, the FBI had them perform some of our military experiments on them, such as playing loud obnoxious American toons about wiping them out, blasting strange sounds of pigs, dogs, sheep, and horses, etc.

XDelusion said:

A lot of people used the fact that David slept with teen girls as an excuse for what the FBI did, but what they fail to contemplate is that the FBI's actions killed the children inside the building.
Secondly, if you get a chance to encounter your typical middle American male, they will themselves talk about how much they want to bag this and that young teenage girl.
So my question to that is,"what makes David so bad if he did something that most American males talk and dream of"?
Not saying I support sex with teen girls, yes they are cute, but they are skinny and annoying, I prefer a woman myself, but David did have parental concent, and secondly he didn't appear to be a sexual deviant, he merely thought God was talking to him and telling him to breed the new 12 tribes, which is no more crazy than say...

I had this gut instinct that i should have never clicked on this thread. As usual i ignored my instinct and clicked away and I found this garbage...

First the FBI didn't go up there guns blazing. David's brain-washed co-members opened fire first and police and FBI agents only returned fire. Sure the warrent wasn't for anything serious, but law enforcement still has the right to serve it. What has this world gone to if police can't even defend themselves from a group of mis-guided fools.

Second did law enforcement gas/stun gernades cause the fire. Maybe, correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think it has been 100% proved in either case. But to even think that their actions caused the death of those people is laughable at best. Even if the gernades started the fire the adults inside had a choice. They had the choice to evacuate a burning building with their childern, or to be stuburn stay in the building and burn to death. They made their decission. It was there people who killed those childern not the FBI.

3rd i refer you to this part of your post

Not saying I support sex with teen girls, yes they are cute, but they are skinny and annoying, I prefer a woman myself, but David did have parental concent, and secondly he didn't appear to be a sexual deviant, he merely thought God was talking to him and telling him to breed the new 12 tribes, which is no more crazy than say

WTF?? Are you kidding??? In what state is it leagl to have sex with an underage minor if they have perental concent. Would you have this opinion if this was your daughter he was sleeping with? Are you telling me if god tells me to kill people i can't be charged because i have freedom of religion or its my right please don't make me laugh.

Well i better end my rant before i get into trouble and the next time the warning bells go off i should probably listen to them.

My question: What makes a cult a cult, a nation a nation, a religion a religion, a business a business, a club a club, and so on and so forth.

If I believe there is a teapot circling the sun, I am insane. If I get a group of people to share my belief, it's a cult. If I get millions of people to share my belief, it's a religion.

insertwackynamehere said:

and on a science level it's also pretty off base.

I think I'm gonna disagree with this

dher5500: Your TV education about Waco is disproved BEFORE CONGRESS on the video I keep suggesting everyone inter-library loan:

Waco- The Rules of Engagement.

It is strange, people ask me if I just watch conspiracy videos, then automatically believe in them.

The answer is no, I prefer to study history and to dig up fact, while I do occasionally entertain a conspiracy theory or two, but only when the official stories make NO sence at all.

My question is,"does the rest of the world simply turn on a TV and believe everything that is coming out of it"

You know all the info is owned and controlled by the globalist capitalist elite, and you know they have been caught time and time again lying to the American public to get them to follow through with some project that does not liberate, does not aid, does not benefit the American people, but actually only benefits those few at the top.

This is cultism via Tell-lie-vision. It is blind faith.

I dunno what to think. I've not gone into all that deep enough yet to form any sort of idea one way or another.

KennyJC said:

If I believe there is a teapot circling the sun, I am insane. If I get a group of people to share my belief, it's a cult. If I get millions of people to share my belief, it's a religion.

That's a good definition!

I always say that a cult is a religion which hasn't grown up yet. Christianity was a cult when it first started up, and now it's a religion: simple.

Sounds a little Elitist and unbalanced to me.
Getting a huge following is nothing when you have W.O.M.D.'s, Mass Media, and Fear on your side.
I'm sure it is safe to say that those groups that are small enough to be considered a cult, have no money.

Just a thought.

Also it is a well known fact that "most" Colonialist would rather conform and not question or think, rather than jump off a moving train (even if the train just began it's journey and is still moving slow enough to jump from it would seem).

This was a trick question, the answer does not come from the brain, and nearly everyone thinks from the brain, unless it concerns there own well being, then and only then might they be able to feel.
Thus no one is going to come to the answer. :)

Are you intentionally trying to be vague and evasive with your lousy metaphors?

XDelusion said:

dher5500: Your TV education about Waco is disproved BEFORE CONGRESS on the video I keep suggesting everyone inter-library loan:

Waco- The Rules of Engagement.

It is strange, people ask me if I just watch conspiracy videos, then automatically believe in them.

The answer is no, I prefer to study history and to dig up fact, while I do occasionally entertain a conspiracy theory or two, but only when the official stories make NO sence at all.

My question is,"does the rest of the world simply turn on a TV and believe everything that is coming out of it"

You know all the info is owned and controlled by the globalist capitalist elite, and you know they have been caught time and time again lying to the American public to get them to follow through with some project that does not liberate, does not aid, does not benefit the American people, but actually only benefits those few at the top.

This is cultism via Tell-lie-vision. It is blind faith.

I agree with you on the fact that there is alot of bullshit on TV and most of what you hear can be dismissed as much. But i think the theory of a band FBI agents and police came shooting up a building full of childeren then burned them alive is also a bunch of BS.

Were there mistakes made? were there regulations broken? There probably was, but to think for one minute that this was a purposeful act commited with criminal intent...

I'll try and watch the film too. I like a good conspiracy theory also, but i don't take them seriously without hard-core proof...