Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TawmDee

New Metallica song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwsbUUEOT9g

Better than St. Anger but I don't really have any comment on it right now. It's alright, I suppose, James Hetfield really can't sing that well though + his vocals are too loud and he looks funny when he sings :P
But wow, a solo! Sloppy double kicks! Testament sounding verse! Metallica can't go wrong here probably! Though knowing them... heh.

Heh, you know, it sounds like a little medley of their last 20 years of music, thus uneven; parts sound like the better stuff, parts like the crappier. Even the singing (that is okay on the "chorus" but not really otherwise). They could do better getting rid of some of the "rhythm" style they acquired in the past dozen years.

They could do getting rid of Lars Ulrich who is a shitty drummer.

EDIT: Ok that was brutal, in a very bad way. D:

Rumor has it that the final drumtrack in Enter Sandman was compiled from over 50 takes.

To quote some YouTube comment, "Hets voice breaks more than a teenagers in the midst of ball droppage".

In their more recent albums they've had a good sound in a handful of songs. All of the 'filler' songs in Load, Reload, and St. Anger made me want to cry and throw plates at things. Unfortunately, I think it's safe to say that the glory days are over.

Well, it not that bad but it's still not that great. The vocals were crap and the druming could have been a hell of a lot better. The guitar and bass riffs were ok but were no ware near Thrash.

I'm glad to see Kirk soloing. Even if it seemed like he is lossing his touch.

After hearing St. Anger this is a step in the right direction. Hell, if they do make a album half as good as And Justice for All I might start calling my self a fan. Some thing I have not done since the Black Album.

What THE FUCK is that on Hetfield's chin?

Having listened to the whole thing, I can only say - If Metallica made an entirely instrumental album I don't think it would be that bad. Terrible drumming aside.

Edit: This would also save Hetfield from a heart attack, it seems.

I closed it when he started singing (at least I'm assuming that's what it was supposed to be). It was okay up until that point, then it needed to die.

Hetfield, you must respond to our insistence to cease your crapanium enrichment program. If you do not respond or comply within a week, sanctions will be enacted and enforced.

Job said:

Hetfield, you must respond to our insistence to cease your crapanium enrichment program. If you do not respond or comply within a week, sanctions will be enacted and enforced.

I wondered when the funney would arrive.

Parts of the beginning of the song kinda remind of of Korn's cover of earache my eye from their Follow the Leader album.

This performance is really lame. But the song is definitely better than St. Anger. And Hammett is still going strong.

AirRaid said:

What THE FUCK is that on Hetfield's chin?

hes trying to be Nu-metal with a huge gotie or thinks he can be like Scott Ian. Its funny hearing Hetfields voice go down the shiter when you have Chuck Billy [Testament] who over came throat cancer and sounds 10 times better then Hetfield.

Hetfield's so offkey it isn't funny. And the only thing that sounds even slightly influenced by Testament is the opening. Unless you're referring to corporate rock image Testament of the early 90's.

That song is fucking awful. But at least it's a step in the right direction, as someone else said. I mean, at least they are attempting to reach back to their slightly progressive roots. But yeah, they're has-beens.

In my experience I'd say that once what ever it is inside of you that inspires you to do great things has left...

...then the only thing that comes out from there on is merely a pale immitation.

It's kind of like playing the blues...

...but having never grown up with any real trauma to reach to for inspiration when you play.

Yes, I was referring to Testament's 1992 album - The Ritual, the "commercial" one, though I still think it was pretty good.

I think it sounds awesome. I saw Metallica last month at Download Festival 06 in Donnington Park. They played a new song there (apparently called New Song) and I can't remember what it was like now or if it's the same as that one, but I remember thinking it sounded amazing at the time.

Edit: Aha, here it is - OMFG, I saw this live and none of you did! Meheheheheheheeeh! Yeah, ok.
Edit 2: Oh yeah, and it seems that it is the same song, in case no-one noticed.

I was just listening to Testament the other day infact.

The Practice What you Preach album. Wasn't as impressed as I used to be with it, but still kinda liked it for the lyrics.

I like The New Order. And Demonic's got good old Gene Hoglan behind the drumkit!

myk said:

Heh, you know, it sounds like a little medley of their last 20 years of music, thus uneven; parts sound like the better stuff, parts like the crappier. Even the singing (that is okay on the "chorus" but not really otherwise). They could do better getting rid of some of the "rhythm" style they acquired in the past dozen years.

My thoughts exactly. I don't appreciate the singing in this little diddy, either. The song appears to go all over the place, but with no consistent style or theme.

Too much group therapy. Good thing they were bitchin about people stealing their music. Needed the $ to pay the rich people shrinks that raped both their minds and wallets. Sobrerity and mental serenity have destroyed their ability to make good music.

Zakk Wylde was thrown into rehab by sharon osbourne. He escaped and fled to the nearest bar. No need to get suckered into that shit for him. Hate to see what kind of music he'd be makin if he decided to stay.

If you're really "hardcore" and elitist, you'll say they went downhill when they made the Black album. If you're not elitist, you'll say they went downhill when they made Load. And if you just got a clue, you'll say they sucked when ST.Anger reared it's ugly head.

Heard that same recording quite sometime ago, minus the video. All the negative things to say about it, have already been stated.

SlayeR said:

I also still think Load is their best album ;)

Heh, I don't, but I still think it's great.

TheCupboard said:

All of the 'filler' songs in Load, Reload, and St. Anger made me want to cry and throw plates at things.

If there's anything I thought Load and Reload were, it was consistent. Which do you call fillers vs the actual goods?