DooMBoy

what most reminds of doom?

A short list of things that strangely remind me of Doom/2:
-The song "Fade", by Staind
-Dark and gloomy days
-These very Forums
-Team Insanity
-/newstuff
-I think that's about it, though strangely, if I hear something about Mars, Phobos, or Deimos, I am reminded of Doom.

It's the obvious reminder: when I hear a sound that is used in Doom too, or sounds like some doom sound.

staind? I could understand if you said slayer, pantera, or alice in chains because one or two of their songs were actually in the game, but why staind?

The sound when the icon of sin launches his missiles. That same sound is used in soo many different contexts.

I heard the sound you hear when a spiderdemon spots you in an mtv commercial.

I heard the sound you hear when a spiderdemon spots you in an mtv commercial.

Last years Real World Season I think. I remember it

oh, they probably used it again, I was pretty sure it was like two or three months ago for the road rules crap.

oh yeah, I think I remember that. The whole movie seemed soo much like Diablo 2. With the little pigmie's (sp?), mummies and enviroments.

Hmm, I guess everyone gets reminded of their favorite games by different things. =P

When I'm in a very cold, pitch black room with the smell of a kerosene heater the only thing I can even think of is playing Ultimate Doom. =)

Yeah, the camels in one of The Mummy movies made the zombie death sounds REPEATEDLY. It was kinda funny. I hear Doom imp zombie, and door sounds all the time. I saw one commerical where someone was thrown out of a saloon window, and he made the Heretic death sound.

But, back on topic, things that remind me of Doom:
-Phobos and Deimos
-Pretty Hate Machine The first time I listened to it, I was playing Doom, thus began my NIN experience :).
-My dreams on occasion
-The word 'Cacodemon'
-'Wish You Were Here' by Pink Floyd. Whenever I hear the line 'We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...', I imagine two lost souls duking it out in a fishbowl. :)
-Krang (I think thats his name), from Ninja Turtles...he looks like an arachnotron without legs.
-The acronym BFG...I actualy hear this used for a lot of things.
-My Doom poster which greets me every morning. :P

Yep, lots of movies for example

Heh, I was watching TV for the first time in months about a month ago, some stupid movie called Murdercycle came on HBO. There was some stupid thing riding a motorcycle that tried to kill people. Everytime the motorcycle braked or took off, it made Imp and Former Human awakening sounds. They sounded SO out of context it was ridiculous.

Yeah, the camels in one of The Mummy movies made the zombie death sounds REPEATEDLY. It was kinda funny

Heh, when I tried Unreal, I came across these funny, dinosaur-like animals. They constantly made former human death sounds.

One of the camels in one of the Mummy movies made the zombie death sound.

Actually, that was The Prince of Egypt. What you're thinking of is the Boss Cube launch sound whenever Alex put on the braclet in The Mummy Returns.

Oh, one more thing I fogot to mention; on the opening sequence to every episode of Xena: Warrior Princess (don't ask me how I know this), there's a split-second shot of a minotaur in the dark. Not only does it remind me of a Baron of Hell, but the sound it makes is DSPOSIT2.

ha even when the movie has the top best grafix artists thay turn to doom for the sound needs

ha even when the movie has the top best grafix artists thay turn to doom for the sound needs

What is the world coming to today? No wonder I think about shooting myself a million kamazillion times a day :)

There really isn't a lot that I associate with Doom. Doom 64 I associate with an old show that used to come on TV : Samuri Pizza Cats (yeah, you can all go to Hell... and die). On a similar note, the CD What's the Story Morning Glory (Oasis) reminds me of Duke Nukem... go figure.