Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bardcat

sega genesis 3d shooter

when i was alot younger, i played a 3d shooting game on the sega genesis... i remember it being first person and not having music. the cartridge is long gone, and i've had no luck finding the name of the title.

oh yeah. i remember there being robots and shit. i think it was multiplayer, too.

man i think i know what you're talking about, i rented it a few times. it had a background image for floor n ceiling graphics, blood would slide down walls and there was some parts where you could look into space right? multiplayer was like mega bad splitscreen. i think it started with a c, damn now it's gonna be on my mind all night LOL. it was way expensive too right? i think i only rented cuz it was like $80

I never played Cyber-Cop. But Zero Tolerance came to mind... maybe that's what you're looking for? Of course I haven't played that since Maybe 94 or 95, sometime around there I think, so my memory is a bit hazy.

HOLY SHIT IT WAS BLOOD SHOT. Oh my god just that single screenshot brings back awesome memories

Oh man, I remember Blood Shot. That was a pretty fun game. My friends and I used to play that multiplayer whenever it was on Sega Channel's lineup.

And Zero Tolerance...that game was the pinnacle of awesome back then. According to various sources (wikipedia, online magazines, etc.) there's Zero Tolerance is being developed for the PSP...dunno if it's true, though.

I sadly did not find these till about a year ago.

I would have loved them back in the day before dual analog! :)

Yikes, I remember Blood Shot. The title screen alone gave me creepy nightmares. Doesn't look so scary now, but back then it did.

It seems the game has two names... Battle Frenzy and Bloodshot. Though Battle Frenzy seems more common. I managed to find a rom of this game, and my god, I have no idea how I managed to enjoy playing a game that ran this slow. Still, it's interesting revisiting the past via games

From what I've played, it's a pretty good game. It just needs a speed boost, as you said, Bard. It could also use HUD weapons. Definitely a game that I wouldn't mind seeing updated, if it can keep the same slow paced, paranoid and frantic atmosphere.

I used to love Zero Tolerance, however its interesting how your mind increases the screen size, when you actually play it the 'action' area, where you see the level and guns and that, is tiny. I was considering doing a Zero Tolerance wad for Doom a few times, using EDGE so i could make all of the weapons it had, except i'd make a few changes of course, like the pulse laser would really shoot lasers. Though some things in the original would be impossible without advanced scripting (maybe Zdoom could do these), such as security cameras with 'alarms' attached that alert nearby enemies when they see you, and those annoying spiders that run on the walls and ceilings. Oh and the method of moving between levels would require either three vast levels and lots of invisible teleports, or big hub structures. Actually now that i think about it Zero Tolerance had SLOPES!

Yeah, it's quite amazing what Zero Tolerance was able to pull off on the Genesis. If a remake was to be done in the Doom engine, either EDGE, ZDoom, or possibly Eternity would be the best choices.