Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

Heretic levels with new textures and monsters

Are there any Heretic levels with new textures or monsters ?

I'd like to create some new Heretic level, with new textures, but i can't find any on the web. I think i can't use Doom textures because these two games have a different palette.

Lorenzo

You can convert the textures (Hordes of Chaos did that) or use a source port that can handle textures with different palettes.

You need some kind of graphics program that can convert between palettes. But that's not my field of expertise so you have to ask someone else for software that can do it.

Graf Zahl said:

...or use a source port that can handle textures with different palettes.

If you look closely, you can see a "Use GZDoom" secretly hidden in the sentence ;) I'd recommend using Gothic textures or Hexen textures as well because they fit to the rest of the Heretic stuffage

Thank you !

I've downloaded the zip and i'll play it...

However, my project is just at the very beginning... so i think you'll have to wait a lot of time before playing my Heretic episode.

Right now i'm working on two project: Italian Doom Community Episode 2 and an other Doom II episode.

Bye !

Lorenzo

I made a rather large texture resource for some old maps I was working on. Most new graphics were from the 3D Alchemy texture set though (a lot were touched up by me to fit Heretic's palette) or variations of existing Heretic textures, recolored, reshaded, or re-edited. And no I don't have it readily available :(