Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maes

Doomguy's favourite ammunition :-)

So...exactly what kind of ammo does Doomguy use?

E.g. the pistol using the same ammo as the chaingun? That means it's either a very powerful pistol or a really crappy chaingun (or both: a crappy pistol AND a crappy chaingun :-) )

Shotgun: the "classic" doom shotgun blast shoots 7 pellets...now where did the doomguy buy (well, get) those cartridges from?

Most 000 buckshots have 9 pellets per cartridges, and shooting the SAME cartridges through the SSG produces more pellets (something like 18 in total and 9 per barrel, as two SSG blast kill a Caco, while you need at least 5 shotgun blasts).

Also...the Doomguy would surely appreciate this here shotgun:

http://www.colesgunworks.com/Video/Full_Auto_Shotgun_256Kbps.wmv
(the link is broken right now, it was an about 5 MB download, worth it even with dial-up. I will try to fix a working one ASAP)

I once made a .DEH patch that made the shotgun shoot in "auto mode": it killed cyberdemons in a few seconds, and they were constantly in pain :-p

Heh, it always seemed to me it was far more efficient that the humble shotgun :-)

This means the SSG somehow manages to shoot 10 pellets out of the same cartridges, whereas the SG just shoots 7 :-)

It's almost like getting a free cartridge every 2 you spend :-)

Maes said:
E.g. the pistol using the same ammo as the chaingun? That means it's either a very powerful pistol or a really crappy chaingun (or both: a crappy pistol AND a crappy chaingun :-) )

The DOOM Bible mentions a similar simplification on page 56 of the transcription, where the Shotgun would use the same ammo as the Pistol, the Machine gun, and the Spray rifle, calling it a "gamism". By the way, it's evident that the Spray rifle became the SSG.

The way I see it, bullets are .45 ACP and the "chaingun" is really just a rotary SMG. Also the sawed-off shotgun somehow causes some pellets to fragment.

Chainsaw is his favorite weapon. Ever notice the message after you get it?

A Chainsaw! Find some meat!

Hooah.

Iori Branford said:

The way I see it, bullets are .45 ACP and the "chaingun" is really just a rotary SMG. Also the sawed-off shotgun somehow causes some pellets to fragment.

But then, the total energy and momentum should be the same or, more likely, less.

Aka they should do the same damage per shell, and the SSG should actually do LESS damage per shell, because of the obviously shorter (?) barrels.

And yeah, the chaingun is much like a weakling gatling gun shooting .45 ACPs

It would be cool if instead of the SSG, the doom guy could use some sort of elephant gun like e.g. Nitro Express .500, .600 or .700. Now that would give a good kick :-)

hehehe....Maes! that was a great question man!....about where doomguy is getting all of his ammo from. i think he gets it from
k-mart.haha. hes like walking in there with his pistol and shotgun, and he is like taking all of the ammo in a big plastic bag...and then hes like running out and get busted by the monsters and they dont notice that theres a hole in the bag...and as they are wlking around ammunition is spread all over the fucking place..:cool:

the doom guy's favorite ammunition is the bfg9000 battery cells because in the doom comic, he describes the bfg9000 as the holy grail of fire power.

printz said:

Doom bullets suck. They do far too little damage.

No, they don't. You're fighting Demons and zombies, remember?