Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

Can't believe no one has posted this one yet

msnbc.msn.com/id/14135464/page/2/ (I know it's a couple of days old, but I believe it's worthly of a thread)

In a drunken ramble, Gibson claims Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world, other anti-semitic remarks not released to the press. And supposedly a couple of years ago, Gibson claims that the holocaust of the Jews in WW2 is exaggerated:
http://atheism.about.com/b/a/061810.htm

D'oh! Looks like someone deserves a Dumbass award!

although an athiest board isn't what I'd call a completely sincere news source on such a subject, it's still mind boggling to think such "denyers" exist.

Besides, so what if he's a holocaust denyer? is that illegal in some countries?--oh wait.

I actually heard this on talk radio today, how he basically denies Jews were singled out and sent to concentration camps to be slaughtered. Looks like they're starting to disect Mel's life, the talk show hosts were analyzing his family history, his marriage, his relationship with his father, and so on. Seems like the media is trying to bury him since they brought up an interview two years old that reader's digest left out and the public never saw, until now. I've always liked Mel Gibson as an actor(Braveheart was fucking great). And given his stature and the amount of respect he has in hollywood, he might survive this controversy. Some top cats in the film industry are probably plotting some sophisticated damage control schemes right now.

DeumReaper said:
Oh no not that again...has somebody made a ytmnd of that yet?

It's not an impersonation, it's a darknation!

baronofhell said:

Can't believe no one has posted this yet

Well, I thought of posting this last weekend when it was news, but then I figured since everyone in the world knows about it, what good would it do?
And I figured since no one else posted it, they had the same idea.
I guess you didn't.

I just heard about this on Monday, and I really don't see what the big deal is. Mel Gibson was drunk, people say stupid shit when they're drunk.

caco_killer said:

I just heard about this on Monday, and I really don't see what the big deal is. Mel Gibson was drunk, people say stupid shit when they're drunk.

No, people say what they always think but are inhibited enough to not say when they aren't drunk. Anyway its been known Gibson is anti-semetic, along with his Father.. they don't follow current Catholicism but an old form which still hasn't reformed as much (they believe these reformations were wrong or something).

Nevermind. I was going to respond to caco's post then I noticed afterwards that the poster before me said the same thing basically.

Oh no! An anti-semite! We must have the pc jew police send him to sensitivity classes.

Quast said:

Oh no! An anti-semite! We must have the pc jew police send him to sensitivity classes.

Actually, he does have to go to a sensitivity seminar, among other concessions...

gibson and cruise are the two evilest mother f**kers in hollywood. i hope one day they, and their religions, fight each other to the death!

MasterOfPuppets said:
i hope one day they, and their religions, fight each other to the death!

While I'm sure Gibson's kinghts in bloody armor would fight bravely and without quarter, Cruise's teleporting aliens would eventually master them with their mind control energy beams.

Mel Gibson? I remember watching his movies when he sounded like an Australian.

Remember all that anti-jew stuff the "jewish community" thought was in "The Passion" ? Are they just trying to find "something" to ruin him? Or am I just stating the obvious here?

Csonicgo said:

Remember all that anti-jew stuff the "jewish community" thought was in "The Passion" ? Are they just trying to find "something" to ruin him? Or am I just stating the obvious here?

No, Jews just simply like to complain to Christians.

Technician said:

No, Jews just simply like to complain to Christians.

Well they whine a lot! they even whined to google about some computer-sorted search results, if I recall correctly.

HWGuy said:

Isn't the Hitler salute with the right hand?

Well if he did do it with his right hand he would have obviously dropped his moustache. DAH!

Gokuma said:
Let's admit america gets the celebrities we deserve

You mean Australia... and this case goes for the Naziesque extermination of all those cute bunnies!

It doesn't matter where he's from, he's a celebrity to America anyway and probably currently a resident.

No Dammit! He's Scottish. He's William Wallace for goodness sake. I know this because the statue at the base of the Wallace monument looks just like Gibson. As you can imagine, most Scots are delighted by this. That's why there has only been one successful attempt (now restored) to remove its face with a hammer.

http://members.tripod.com/~CunninghamC/HistoricDay2/WallaceStatue.html

Strange how none of the other statues of William Wallace that I've seen bear even a passing resemblance to Gibson though. :/

As for Gibson and nationality, this always amused me (and sounded very odd, and badly done if you've heard it:

The Wikipedia article on "Mad Max":

When the film was first released in America, all the voices, including that of Mel Gibson's character, were dubbed with U.S. accents at the behest of the distributor, American International Pictures, for fear that audiences would not take warmly to actors speaking entirely with Australian accents. Much of the Australian slang and terminology was also replaced with American ones (examples: "See looks!" became "Look see!", "windscreen" became "windshield", "very toey" became "super hot", and "preemie" became "rookie").

The original Australian dialogue track was finally released in the U.S. in 2000 in a limited theatrical reissue by MGM, the film's current rights holders (it has since been released in the U.S. on DVD with both the US and Australian soundtracks on separate tracks). The American dubbed version was also the one shown on television in the United Kingdom until relatively recently.

Enjay said:

Stuff about Mad Max

I've just heard clips of the "translated" version of Mad Max but from what I could tell it sucked pretty bad. I have to admit that the first time I watched the movie was on an extremely worn VHS copy it was pretty hard to understand the dialogue :)

I still can't believe we're talking about the same guy that went head-to-head with Lord Humongous. Was he really a wacko back then too?

Csonicgo said:

What are you talking about, the Passion of the Christ did show Jews in a bad light because it was based off of the Passion plays from the middle ages which existed for the sole purpose of inciting hatred against Jews. The Bible was a lot less harsh on Jews, and for the record it was the Romans not the Jews who killed Jesus.

Also, no one is "looking to ruin" Mel Gibson, so stop trying to bring in some kind of stupid "Jews control the world" bullshit into this. Gibson is ruining himself by drinking and driving, and by being intolerant.

Oh yeah, about Jews whining about Google, please link me to something more than just speculation. Even if you can back that up, I could easily show you links to white anglo-saxon protestants (especially WASP moms) who have equally stupid views on what should be banned, computerwise. It's a null point.

Finally, I'd like to say that if Gibson was insulting Muslims (who he probably also hates) a lot of you would be really mad. Any group he insults is going to be mad, so stop making this into a Jewish thing. We have the right to be pissed off as much as anyone else. If he came at any other group, the group's community would be rightfully mad, and I doubt you guys would call them whiny.