Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

1024x1024 Competition

AgentSpork said:

It doesn't really matter, it's not like I'm going to issue a prize to the winner anyway. :P

You can put a screen shot from the winner's wad in one of the levels for Ultimate Simplicity along with a message stating which wad it was and who made it.

Craigs said:

You can put a screen shot from the winner's wad in one of the levels for Ultimate Simplicity along with a message stating which wad it was and who made it.

Or put up Super Metroid as the prize or something. I'd compete for that.

Bloodskull said:

Or put up Super Metroid as the prize or something. I'd compete for that.

It's got to have something to do with Doom. If you want Super Metroid so bad, order it off Amazon (That's how I got Strife.)

The prize could also be a picture made in Photoshop depicting a memorable part of the winner's map, such as a Boss fight, or a trap.

Craigs said:

Wow that's totally worth competing for (not).

Yeah, there's still time to submit a map. The deadline doesn't hit until the 1st of september.

got most of the level done, here are some screens haven't done work on it in awhile though... It's called Threadbare, its a kinda ruin theme.

The Best Looking Room of the level, in my Opinion

The starting area

These look nice.
How long have you been working on this map for, looks fairly detailed :D

- sausage -

uh I worked on it a couple days in a row then kinda... took a break for awhile. Anyways, I have the file on this computer now and have downloaded DoomBuilder so hopefully I can finish it up soon.

hi, i only stumbled over this thread the other other day and immediately started doing a map as well. :)

now, when does the deadline end exactly (since i still need a couple of hours) - do you only accept maps submitted by midnight today at the latest, or would it also be ok if i sent my map in some time tomorrow (on september 1st)?

The maps have to be done and sent in by midnight. If anyone who is still participating in this project has not already sent me their map(s), you can either e-mail them to me at the previously mentioned AgentSpork at gmail dot com (please don't use a subject that will put your message in my spam box), or send me a PM telling me where I can get your map.

I have maps from the following people:

• Apocalypse - (SB.wad)
  • Cycloid - (1024comp_cycloid.wad)
  • Dutch Devil - (Ritual.wad, Overdrive.wad)
  • Illdo - (gallows.wad)
  • Jetflock - (entry.wad)
  • Mephisto - (meph1024.wad, map1024_2.wad)
  • neg!ke - (1024_neg!ke.wad)
  • NMN - (chacha-nmn.wad, dwrftown-nmn.wad)
  • Ravage - (rf_1024.wad, rf_10242.wad, rf_10243.wad)
  • Torn - (smalltorn.wad)
If your name is not on this list, and you have made a map (or maps) for this competition, I would highly recommend you send them in as it's kind of hard to judge maps I don't even have. :P

ok, done.
just writing the text file - i'll send the zip within the next few minutes. hope i'm not too late...

Give up? Either you never bothered to send in your map, or it got filtered as spam. Either way, it's too late now.

There's actually a few entries (such as a third map by Dutch Devil and a map by Dr. Zin) that were uploaded to RapidShare that weren't included in the stuff Lutrov71 sent me and are now gone. I'm really not sure what to do about those.

EDIT: I blame Lutrov71 for this mess. :D

I don't care. I'm going to judge them either way which, since I can't seem to get a hold of The Flange Peddler, I'm either going to have to do by myself, or find some other way to do this.

The Flange Peddler said:

Hi!

I should pay more attention to my private messages... I can probably still help out with the judging, as long as I can have a couple of days to do it.

Sure, that should be fine.

i pm'ed a link to my effort to you, spork, on 1st sept, did you get that?

Yes, I got that.

Is the list a few posts up a definitive list of all the constributions, or are there some other ones not there? I've played a number of them, particularly those in the archives, but probably not all. I'll have a look to see which ones I have and perhaps you could point me to any of the maps I've missed.

How are these maps to be judged? Shall I give a percentage, score out of 10 or something else... ?