Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sparerib1968

Extract .DEH from .EXE?

Once a Doom2.exe has been customized with Dehacked (or whatever), is there any way to extract the modifications to a .DEH file?

This question arises because I downloaded a wad which came with a customized .EXE and no .DEH or .BEX, and I'd like to play the wad with prboom. The wad is ghosts.wad and the author is Ismaele (Alberto Sposito)

If you have the right version of the unpatched vanilla .exe you can use dehacked.exe to save the changes to a .deh patch.

Flip that around, if you have the right version of Dehacked corresponding to that version of the Doom executable. Then you can open it with Dehacked and save the deh file.

Have you watched the .ZIP file? It contains the .DEH file too! You can put it into the .WAD with any lump manager, like XWE, if you want.

kristus said:

Flip that around, if you have the right version of Dehacked corresponding to that version of the Doom executable. Then you can open it with Dehacked and save the deh file.

Nope, I had it right.

Unless the Doom version is really old (1.2), Dehacked 3.0 is all you'll ever need.

Ismaele said:

Have you watched the .ZIP file? It contains the .DEH file too! You can put it into the .WAD with any lump manager, like XWE, if you want.

Before you do that, change the version number in the first line from v.2.3 to v3.0.

Greetings
Funduke

Ismaele said:

I did find another copy of ghosts.zip which does include the deh file. Thank you for your reply :)

Dehacked is a pretty nifty tool anyway