Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

TAS run of Ocarina of Time in 2:33:25

Follow Link

Here's more proof that the best games are also the most speedrunnable ones :-)

Amazingly, this time will probably be improved by at least 15 minutes since new tricks are still being discovered on a daily basis (maybe it's even possible in under two hours?). The run is visibly un-optimized near the start (originally being intended as a "test run"), but highly entertaining nevertheless, and only gets better as the game progresses. If you think you know this game, you'll be in for a few big surprises.

watched it all thr way through this morning and it's some crazy shit, made me go "whaaaaat?" when i saw sheik encountering young link among other moments

also while you're at it check out the megaman 5 and tmnt 2 runs, also crazy shit!

My vote for the craziest run on Bisqwit's site is the 16:10 run on Mega Man. I'll definitely watch the Ocarina run later, I have a friend who played it endlessly some years ago.

Crazy. Glitchy. Also I would like to point out cameras in that game completely lack any sort of clipping handling. At times it went through walls and even models.

No way. I thought my 18-hour run of the game last week was pretty close to optimal.

I guess this means that my 100 meter dash in 1:12.45 isn't going to be anything special either. :(

Darnit, now I desperately want to see a TAS of Banjo Kazooie.

AndrewB said:

No way. I thought my 18-hour run of the game last week was pretty close to optimal.

I guess this means that my 100 meter dash in 1:12.45 isn't going to be anything special either. :(

the shortest ton-tas run of oot i've seen was under 5 hours, so har har

Infinite Ammunition said:

the shortest ton-tas run of oot i've seen was under 5 hours, so har har

TSA (the 5-hour run player) is currently working on a sub-3 hour run using many of the same tricks as the tool-assisted run.

AndrewB said:

There's a 100% run in progress.

I just wasted several hours trying to watch the Zelda run, to no success. It would take me roughly a day and a half to download the AVI, and watching the speedrun file, it goes out of sync after obtaining the first sword.

Getting this run to sync is notoriously difficult :-)
* You need version 8 of mupen64 with re-recording support (link).
* The OoT ROM must be version 1.0. (The most common version is 1.2.) Check that the hashes in the "Play Movie" window agree.
* You must use the same plugins for video etc. as the run was recorded with. Again, check the "Play Movie" window.
* The option "Raw Data" under Options -> Input Settings must be enabled.
Those are the only sources of error ever mentioned in the development thread, and lots of people have had trouble (including myself). Check that list and everything should work fine. The "Raw Data" problem is apparently the most common.

Just to be sure, consider making a savestate every 15 minutes while playing it back. You probably don't want to watch two hours over again if the emulator crashes all of a sudden.

Again, just my luck, I only have the Mario All Stars rom. I actually downloaded it and went to play it when I realized this.