Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Pathetic, a REAL 9/11 conspiracy

I'd like to know the demographics on the 5% that didn't even know the date and month.

This is why I'm moving to Melbourne.

Mancubus II said:

I'd like to know the demographics on the 5% that didn't even know the date and month.

This is why I'm moving to Melbourne.

ooh you'll be in the place where the wackyhq.com domain name is registered!

insertwackynamehere said:

ooh you'll be in the place where the wackyhq.com domain name is registered!

So you're saying that wackyhq is registered in Australia?

exp(x) said:

Hmm, I actually thought this thread was about the coup before clicking on it... I've been thinking it's creepy that these events occurred on the same day and month.

That is pretty fucking sad. Demographs aside, I think it just goes to show how fickle your typical American is when it comes to what's happening in the world. No attention span whatsoever. I can recall seeing the people waving American flags after the attack, swept up in the flurry of nationalism and touting that they'd "never forget". Now some can't recall even what year it happened. Like I said, pretty sad.

NailGunner said:

That is pretty fucking sad. Demographs aside, I think it just goes to show how fickle your typical American is when it comes to what's happening in the world. No attention span whatsoever. I can recall seeing the people waving American flags after the attack, swept up in the flurry of nationalism and touting that they'd "never forget". Now some can't recall even what year it happened. Like I said, pretty sad.

This is hardly a snapshot of "typical america". This is what you're made to believe. There are nearly 300 million people in this country, and you're going by a poll of just over 1000, many of whom were older than the average age of the country.

Mancubus II said:

This is hardly a snapshot of "typical america". This is what you're made to believe. There are nearly 300 million people in this country, and you're going by a poll of just over 1000, many of whom were older than the average age of the country.

My thoughts exactly, a poll is not the ultimate test of anything. People are kind of jumping to conclusions. Like they said also a lot of old people. I think the we will never forget more refers to the significance of the attacks and remembering them as a memorial, as opposed to remembering the exact date, though you could argue that's a step in the wrong direction. I'll worry when people say, what happened on 911 again? or, when asked the significance of 911 they say, "hey that's how you dial emergency!"

-my two, maybe 3 cents

I'm well aware that it's an isolated poll of one very small section of the country. I'm just saying that how quickly people can forget such a tragic event after all uproar it caused before is kind of silly.

Nevermind, at least the actions of the West in the last 5, umm... 3, umm... 8, umm... whatever years have gone a long way to address the problems and made the world a much safer place for us all to live.

The (side) thing I find darkly amusing is that because the US had their "911", our terrorist attack in London on the seventh of July 2005 became known as "seven seven" (thank "goodness" it was the seventh day of the seventh month, if the numbers had not been the same, we may even have put the month first too, just like the Americans). Prior to this, terrorist attacks in the UK (and there have been many in my lifetime - most in the early 70's by the IRA, when Americans didn't care about terrorism, unless it was to fund it - thanks to Noraid) were just known as "the London pub bombings" or "the Birmingham pub bombings". Now we have "seven seven" FFS.

Man, if only it could have been on 7-11.

That would be the bestest knod to the bestest gas/junk food establishment ever!

What are you talking about America supports terrorism, we only make mistakes, slight mis-calculations, and mis-judgements.

Were are a Developing nations, we are bound to start off with a few hundred years of mistakes till we get it right. People may die, starve, find there lives under the control of there employeers, never have shit for money, and a shitty edumacation, drugs and high powered weaopons may "slip" over the boarder by unknown means, the media may not cover the poor, and privitization may be increasing keeping more and more people from living off the land naturally in responce to the fact that all of our jobs are being out-sourced to near slave labour in the lands of our previous conquests, but in the end...

...our children's children's children's children's children, might just have it good! And in the mean time at least everyone in America can afford a Television, that's all that important!
Even people without jobs in Harlem have TV's, we're *******ly on the road to progress my friend!

EXACTLY! Massa don't get me no books, and when he dus, they all about honkey history, and how everthins goin acording to plan as if by divine desinie

Actually in my State Ohio, we have the worst schools in the country according to what I've heard and of course witnessed.
Some of our schools are extremely crappy, cracks in walls, missing windows, leaking roofs, lack of books, supplies, decent payment for teachers, you name it!

Granted you go to any white suburb with successful business, and the schools are well taken care of, and the sports teams have fancy changing rooms and all.

Technician said:

I'm glad I don't like in Emerica.

I did a survey on this to see how many people actually knew the terrorist attacks even occured. I did this in the mall. I walked away sickened. People are dumb as fuck.

I agree that polls are very biased. I've had to have been present for well over three dozen polls in my life and yet the number of times I've actually been questioned? Zero. I've actually been there as they asked the people sitting on either side of me whilst blatantly skipping me over. I think they see the glimmer of intelligence within my eyes and realise that I see the world not in the black-and-white views so many percieve but as the multifaceted piece of work it really is. Either that, or it's the fact that I enjoy wearing a trenchcoat and Doc Martens so in the public eye I am "evil" or "unamerican" due to fabricated stereotyes, though I can assure you that I am just as good-hearted and patriotic and perhaps (at the risk of sounding like an egomaniac) even more so.

Xanthier said:

I'll worry when people say, what happened on 911 again? or, when asked the significance of 911 they say, "hey that's how you dial emergency!"

Personally, I think it would be more important to remember the emergency number than the date of the attacks. I mean, if I were dying on the floor and choked out "9...1...1" to someone and they replied by saying "yes! let us never forget the day those brave firefighters sacrificed their lives to protect us from al-Queda!", then I'd use my dying breath to gasp "fuck you" and then attempt to kick them hard in the shin.

XDelusion said:

What are you talking about America supports terrorism, we only make mistakes, slight mis-calculations, and mis-judgements.

I was actually harking back to a time when most Americans apparently didn't care about terrorism. It was irrelevant: something that happened to someone else and "reds under the beds" were far more frightening.

However, acts of terrorism were pretty common in the UK. The Irish Republican Army were big fans of nail bombs and the like in UK population centres. To the eternal frustration of many Brits, finding an American who would properly condemn the acts was quite difficult because siding with the Irish against the British (as it was perceived) was not a popular move in the US. And yes, Noraid, an American organisation, used to fund the IRA.

Of course, now that terrorism is such a "real" threat to every US citizen, sympathy for terrorist acts against the UK is much harder to justify. Strangely, and coincidentally, that particular outlet for terrorism seems to have dried up as America has become more and more anti-terrorist over the past decade or more.

Danarchy said:

Personally, I think it would be more important to remember the emergency number than the date of the attacks. I mean, if I were dying on the floor and choked out "9...1...1" to someone and they replied by saying "yes! let us never forget the day those brave firefighters sacrificed their lives to protect us from al-Queda!", then I'd use my dying breath to gasp "fuck you" and then attempt to kick them hard in the shin.

Now that is a post to be proud of. :)

Enjay: I was just being sarcastic, but yes I recall when our terrorists were called Freedom Fighters. :)

Yes America is kinda new to "terrorism" as far as big shit blowing up goes...

...it's all part of the globalization process.

Mini-Reichstag's everywhere to lure us into a panicky confused state of mind, which encourages blind dependance on the powers that be, aka those with the money and control of our (physical) world.

I.E. Money, Mass Media, and business, and thus our well being and perceptions.

Csonicgo said:

I did a survey on this to see how many people actually knew the terrorist attacks even occured. I did this in the mall. I walked away sickened. People are dumb as fuck.

Seriously. I’m actually surprised at how many Canadian actually took the 9/11 attack to heart. I think we still took a silent prayer when I was still going to that catholic High school

didn't we swear an oath, which by now is literally everywhere, the day it happened (like Danarchy stated) that we would NOT forget?

*sigh* another day, another way i become sickened with this country.