Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bryant robinson

Too much brown deathmatch

Like Boris said, where are the screenshots? How do I know this isn't a virus you put in a zip folder and uploaded to the internet as a bad joke?
Second of all, you forgot a name for the list of authors. You know, the guy who MADE the texture pack you used to make this wad? The same resource wad whose name you ripped off? I'm talking about Tormentor667. You should really make sure you credit your sources before you upload a wad.

1. I don't really see any need for screenshots when something is finished and downloadable. Screenshots are useful when there is nothing to download.

2. The text-file gives the name as "Quake1 Base Deathmatch" and credits "fanatic for the quake pic and graphics." Or do you know for a fact that that isn't true?

Definitely needs better connectivity between the east and west sections. It actually looks more like an sp map without the monsters than a proper dm map. It's also quite low on weapons for a somewhat large dm map.

Who gives a shit about screenshots, they can't say anything about the gameplay anyway.

Craigs said:
Like Boris said, where are the screenshots? How do I know this isn't a virus you put in a zip folder and uploaded to the internet as a bad joke?

You can put viruses into WAD files now? Besides, I doubt Ty Halderman would have allowed it into the idgames archive if there had been a virus in it...

And a quick check of the text file led me here, there's a couple screenshots about eight entries down: http://jove.prohosting.com/demise3k/projects.html

Yeah...sorry about those screen pics. I should have listed them but got too lazy. Come to think of it....it did started out as a half finished single player map but got converted to deathmatch. I used the IKDtex pack from Afterglow's website too.

-Gunrock

Nice map, but was it worth ruining the chaingun/pistol sound for a quake menu?

boris said:

Stop quoting images you silly faggot rapist

Like Bawrais said. No screens , no download.

Grazza: I understand you notion. But personally I couldn't care less about just another doom map. I need some sort of proof to convince me to waste my time.

Craigs said:

Second of all, you forgot a name for the list of authors. You know, the guy who MADE the texture pack you used to make this wad? The same resource wad whose name you ripped off? I'm talking about Tormentor667. You should really make sure you credit your sources before you upload a wad.

Funny. You are as always making comments based on crap. Tormentor is not the maker of the textures in that wad. He merely took them from other resources and made a texture wad into them. It's not difficult. And not really creditable. Specially since the wad in question is already a Doom wad.

Iikka Keranen and Adelusion made the textures.
They are from: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=10834
and Gothic DM

Homer said:

Nice map, but was it worth ruining the chaingun/pistol sound for a quake menu?

Seconded. You were already using Zdoom for editing, it appears, so you could easily change something in the SNDINFO for the menu sound to change.

Sorry missed this:

Belial said:

Definitely needs better connectivity between the east and west sections. It actually looks more like an sp map without the monsters than a proper dm map. It's also quite low on weapons for a somewhat large dm map.

Who gives a shit about screenshots, they can't say anything about the gameplay anyway.

Well. Reminds me a bit of the Map01 layout but I've not tried the map itself in DM. Only looked at it in XWE. And I think screenshots are important. I prefer the possability of a whole design rather than a half.

You didn't actually playtest the connectivity or weapon distribution of this map at all, did you.

Doesn't really matter. 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back, thanks.

EDIT: Try making a single player map instead.

Craigs said:

WTF. Aside from what CODOR said already, what would stop one from putting up some shots of a map and yet still include a seizure inducing or Cthulhu summoning übervirus in the zip?

bryant robinson said:
Yeah...sorry about those screen pics. I should have listed them but got too lazy.

No problem; screen shots are more or less a waste for DOOM wads, plus you're not new here (featuring sometimes on some people's "best wad/author" lists) though a link to the database entry is always better than a link to a mirror, since it gives one proper info about the wad (or it should).

One thing though, there's another version of the map already on the archive...?

AlexMax said:

You didn't actually playtest the connectivity or weapon distribution of this map at all, did you.

Doesn't really matter. 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back, thanks.

EDIT: Try making a single player map instead.

You can find about a dozen of some wads I made some time ago by clicking on the link to my homepage at Demise. I'm also working on this single player map thats for the Vavoom engine. It should be done in the near future. Also their are 2 q1bdm wads in the idgames database. The one in skulltag is an out of date wad as to the one in deathmatch ports is the updated version with better details and such.

Gunrock