Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Anybody played deathmatch on Hexen?

I allways were curious about it, is the gameplay balanced between classes? How much utility do the artifacts have, I'm particulary curious about the Dark Servant (also, do you get a frag if it kills a player?).
Also I'm curious about coop, do the Dark Servants and homing projectiles stuck chasing friends, or they limit to attack monsters (I guess not), can you morph in pigs your friends?

Well, I think I can only answer one of those questions. You can morph other players into pigs. I remember in one level (later in the game) where there was a room that could only be accessed by a small tunnel (16-32 units tall) that connected the main room and a secret area. In the secret area, there were a bunch of weapons/powerups in there. If I remember correctly, I read the strategy guide's walkthrough for the level, and it said those things were in there for multi-player (or maybe if the centaur can deflect the pig shooter projectile with his shield?).

is the gameplay balanced between classes?

Haha, once the cleric gets the wraithverge and mana, he can create a wave of unstoppable ownage. I remember playing 5 min. deathmatch with someone, and I camped the Crater Of Might, since the wraithverge uses so much. :P

TheCupboard said:

Well, I think I can only answer one of those questions. You can morph other players into pigs. I remember in one level (later in the game) where there was a room that could only be accessed by a small tunnel (16-32 units tall) that connected the main room and a secret area. In the secret area, there were a bunch of weapons/powerups in there. If I remember correctly, I read the strategy guide's walkthrough for the level, and it said those things were in there for multi-player (or maybe if the centaur can deflect the pig shooter projectile with his shield?).

That is the alternate way to get into a part of the Vivarium, which is located in Hub 5.

TheCupboard said:

If I remember correctly, I read the strategy guide's walkthrough for the level, and it said those things were in there for multi-player (or maybe if the centaur can deflect the pig shooter projectile with his shield?).

You can porkalate yourself using one of the wall traps so it's definitely not mp only.

I played Hexen DM when it came out with some friends. It suffers way too much from 'first kill syndrome', where whoever gets the first kill .. gets to run around and grab even more stuff, becoming insanely powerful, while the other guy starts with jack shit and can't do anything.

The overpowered final weapons, combined with all the artifacts, pretty much guaranteed a constant stream of losses once things got going.